CHAPTER 3

"Girl! You got exactly one minute to bring your butt out that dressing room or I'm coming in there to drag you out whether your dressed or not!"

"Toyia, I'm not coming out. This dress is hideous." I yelled over the stall.

"Well let me be the judge of that."

I sighed and stepped out the dressing room. She took one look and burst out laughing. I just stood there with an 'I told you so' face.

"Okay you're right the dress is horrible, but it looked good on the hanger. I guess everybody has an off moment."

I raised both my eyebrows "Umm no. I told you it was ugly when I first saw it but you just had to insist," I laughed "It might look right on you but it's not for my body type."

Toyia was a perfect size 6, with dark brown skin, a short Rihanna style bob and a personality to match; this girl literally never meets a stranger. We met each other on the elevator at work, both of us was headed to the parking garage. She's over the marketing and design department, which explains her great sense of style

"What do you mean your body type? She asked using air quotes for the last part. I gave her a look.

"Girl you say it like its a bad thing, if I had an ass like yours couldn't nobody tell me nothing. I know you see all these dudes breaking their neck trying to get a second look at your big booty."

Did I mention this girl has absolutely no filter? Whatever pops in her head you can bet is coming out her mouth.

" Whatever Toyia, you crazy." I laughed

"I might be crazy but I'm not blind. Now, go try this one on"

I grabbed the second dress and walked in dressing room. After changing dresses I looked in the full-length mirror behind the door. I had to admit this dress was beautiful. It was a sleeveless, one-shoulder wrap dress that stopped right above the knee. The cream color went great with my brown skin tone. Just looking at it on the hanger I would have never thought this dress would look good on me.

"WELL? How does it look?" Toyia yelled over the stall.

"Do you have to be so loud like were the only people in store?" I laughed

I swear since meeting Toyia I have laughed non-stop. She is so much fun to be around. I stepped out the stall with a big smile to make my big reveal. Toyia just looked and didn't say anything. After awhile I got a little nervous and started looking down at the dress. Maybe I didn't look as good as I thought? And that's when I when heard a loud scream. I popped my head up to see Toyia with a big Kool-Aid smile on her face.

"Girl, you look AMAZING! I told you the perfect dress could make any girl look like a million bucks."

"You think so?" I asked a little unsure.

"HELL YEA! Are you looking in the same mirror I am? William ain't gon' be able to keep his hands off you and hopefully his dick out of you either."

Toyia and I became close about two days after William ask me out. Wait when did he become William? Anyway she overheard him telling me that he needed to postpone our dinner until the following Friday because of some business that needed immediate attention out of town. So of course she jumped to major conclusions that this is some sort of romantic dinner.

"Okay wait...it's not even like that. I told you it's just a platonic pity dinner. He just feels bad about the comment he made," I stated

"Honestly Lisa you can't see the Forrest for trees. Are you sure even finished college?" Toyia said knocking on my forehead for extra dramatics