CHAPTER 13

I walked into the local drug store by my house. I decided after the conversation we had at the restaurant I needed to know if I was pregnant or not, im not the one to play the waiting game so instead of waiting to see if my cycle would come on within the week I would rather just find out now rather than later.

I looked up to the sign that indicated this aisle was the one that held pregnancy testes on them. I walked up to the section that had at least six different kinds of test that I could choose from.

"god who knew it could be so many" I mumble to myself

I just decided to pick three different kind just in case one was effective and gave out the wrong answer I would have two more to go by. I went the register all the while praying that no one I knew saw me. Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is looking when you go to buy things like this? It's like they looking at you knowing that you been screwing. I was so glad when I was able to just hop in my car and head home.

As soon as I walked in the door I ran up the stairs and headed straight to the bathroom. I made sure i open each test and read the direction clearly. The first two said that if I was pregnant I would see two lines appear and if not I would see just one. The third would just either say the word 'pregnant' or ' not pregnant' I blew out a big breath

"simple enough I guess" I said aloud

I forced myself to pee in a cup and dipped all three test at the same time. I closed the toilet lid down and set on top waiting for my verdict. I have to be honestly and say that this is not one of the best position a female could ever be in. I couldn't have a baby out of wedlock and especially with a man I'm not even in a relationship with. My child deserved more than to be raised with anything less than a loving mother and father who lived together and loved each other as much as they love them. then on top of that how can i afford this child. I know William would step up and help financially but I didn't want a broke up family to start off my child's life. This was just all types of fucked up, but before I decided to get myself too worked up I guess I could wait to see the results. Checking my watch I saw that the time had lapsed and the results should be finished. I took a deep breath and slowly walked over to look at the counter sink where the test layed......

"Oh thank God... it's negative" I let out the breath I was holding . All three test showed that I wasn't pregnant, I was so elated. I threw away the test and turned around to cut the tub on and run some water for a bath. I went and took all my clothes off to and put them in the laundry room and poured some bath salts in the running water once I made it back in the bathroom. I tied my hair up and stepped in the warm water, set back and closed my eyes. Even though I'm happy I wasn't pregnant I still need to sort these feelings out I know I have for William. No sense in lieing to myself between these weekend visit and office lunches I've falling for this man. I have been through too much and can't afford...no scratch that want allow myself to be hurt again.

"ding dong" the doorbell rung interrupting my thoughts.

"I wonder who this could be" I said to myself while drying off a little to put on a robe and answer the door. I just got done having dinner with the girls so I know they shouldn't want anything and William was not even in the country. The bell rung again as I came down the hall.

"Just a minute" I yelled through the door. I forgot to turn my front porch light on so I could only see a dark tall shadowy figure through the door.