CHAPTER 5

This meeting was a waste of time, my concentration was out the window and I had so many emotions running through me at one time. I felt so blind sighted by this whole thing. Why would William even take me out to dinner if he was dating someone else? Even though we are just business associates and friends I think it would have only been right to say something. Was he trying to make Chloe jelious by being seen with me?...... I'm just so damn confused.

" ok now spill the tea girl what's got you so upset?" Toyia said bringing in two cups of soda from her kitchen.

" you know Chloe right?" I asked

" yea the secretary on y'all floor"

"well I was in the bathroom and overheard her an another women talking about how I was spotted on a date with William friday"

"and?"

"Chloe said that her and William were an item in so many words and I had no business being with him"

I just couldn't fix my mouth to say the other cruel things that were said, it's hard enough to hear them being said about you out loud without repeating it to someone else. Whoever said 'sticks and stone may break your bones but words will never hurt you' must have never had a person talk about them because right now those words are cutting way deeper than any knife could.

" I think she's lying Lisa, everybody knows she has had her sights set on William from the beginning."

"I'm just so angry and I don't really know who I'm more mad at"

"I wouldn't even trip girl, if anything Chloe is just Jelious because you have manage to do some in two weeks time she haven't been able to accomplish in all the time she's been there"

"What's that?" I asked

"get William attention of course"

-------------------------------

I decided to just go home and take a long hot bath. I took my cloths off except my bra and panties and looked in mirror.

"ugh"

I knew I wasn't suppose to let Chloe's mean words get to me, but its easier said than done. I looked at my stomach and squeezed the access cushion around my middle section. I hated when I let people words get to me. It seems like every time I try to turn a chapter in my life something always bring me back where I've worked so hard to overcome. I traced my fingers over the squiggly lighter colored lines going up the side of my hips that no amount of coco butter will ever be able to remove. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I stepped away from the mirror and grabbed my bathrobe before going in the bathroom. The warm water and bath salts seem to wash away all the stress away from earlier. I woke up about 30 minutes later and realized i had fallen asleep in the tub, I wrapped a towel around me and laid on the bed

------------------------------

The following morning I walked to the elevator bank to press the button for my floor. Out the corner of my eye I saw two ladies look over at me and start whispering. I could only image what the topic of their conversation is. Great now I'm the office slut. How the hell did this happen? I keep to my self, I'm friendly to everyone, and I don't participate in office drama. This only fueled my anger, I hated William for putting me in this predicament.

The elevator finally opened and I stepped on. Once I made it to my floor I got off, happy Chloe was not at her desk, and went straight to my office. I stayed in my office for the better part of the day happy that I was disturbed by anyone. Just as the thought ran through my mind someone knocked at my door. I took a deep breathe.