CHAPTER 18

-William-

I looked around the giant dinning room table that could easly fit twenty people. My father was sitting at the head with my mother beside him. The servers were standing on the wall waiting to put dinner on the table as soon as everyone was seated. Tiffanny's chair was emtpy, but the main people that stood out the most to me was Cassandra, her sister Gadie and parents.

"What is she doing here" Cassandra sneered pointing at Lisa but looking at me

I looked over at Lisa. She looked like she wanted to just be swallowed up by the floor at the moment. her hand was squeezing mine and I knew she was uncomfortable by Cassandra's outburst, which really pissed me off because if anyone should be asked why they were here it would be Cassandra and her parents.

"She was invited here BY ME" I stated looking Cassandra dead in her eyes. She wrinkled up her nose and lifted her head like the princess she was. That was one thing that I didnt like about Casssandra, she always had this better than thou attitude, ordering people around and sticking her nose in the air like she was better than everyone else. Lisa was the complete opposite; she was not only as beautiful as Cassamdra but humble as well. Cassandra never would dream of cooking us a dinner or any house hold duties a loving women would do.

"Cassandra have a seat" her father said clearing his throat and tugging on her arm. Cassandra's father was a very soft spoken man and between Cassandra, her sister and hushy over opinionated mother he never stood a chance with them. It was safe to say he was bossed around just as much as any guard in there home would be.

She turned around and gave her father a minicing look but reluctantly sat down, and I walked Lisa to her seat at the opposite side of the table.

before taking my seat I looked at my father's unread

able expression. I knew he invited Cassandra and her parents here for dinner.

"Father can I speak to for a moment in private?" I asked giving him a hard stare. My father was in no way a weak man so he returned the stare back just as hard.

"Is it absoulutly necessary?" He asked I could tell he didnt want to speak to me but tonight was not his night to get what he wanted.

"Very necessary" I said

He went to stand and one of the servers rushed over to pull his chair back so he could walk away from the table. I follow him out the dinnning area to his study down the hall. Once the door was closed where noone could hear our conversation he turned to me and leaned up against the corner of his desk.

"What would you like to talk about" He asked

I had to steady myself to try and keep calm from the anger that was building up inside of me. One thing that I did inherit from my father was his explosive temper. Two men with tempers like ours could be one hell of a firework show if the fuse was lighted.

"Can you tell me exactly why would you invite Cassandra and her parents here knowing that I brought Lisa with me" I asked in as calm a voice I could manage. He crossed is arms over his chest before answering.

"Correction I didn't know that you would bring your "girlfriend" here. You didn't call and let us know in advance so I had no idea" He replied cooly like he couldn't tell that he was really pissing me off.