CHAPTER 4

Today I felt really good, I chose a dark blue knee length body con skirt with a matching peplum top for

work. I got a up a little early today and decided to cook a semi-big breakfast....I just felt really good. I guess I could credit my mood to friday nights dinner with William. It just felt so good to sit down and talk and I mean REALLY talk. He was so attentive and actually showed interest in getting to know me, something that I am definetly not use to getting from opposite sex. We talked about each others childhood and future goals that we have for our self. William seem just as relaxed and in to the confersation as I was, we both decided to start calling each other by our first names sence I am his personal finacial advisor. He said it himself that he think of me as his friend considering im over his money, making sure all investment are on the up and up and everything is accounted for.

I walked in the office and was handed three messages from Chloe. Her icy attitude have yet to diminish and I have absolutlly no idea why. So the next best thing I could think to do was turn the other cheek and kill her with kindness.

" thanks Chole, how are you doing this morning?"

"fine thank you" she replied with a straight face

Well not exactly a smile, but way better than the glares she been throwing at me these past two weeks. Maybe she's just those type that you have to warm up to. I walked to my office and set at my desk to check my messages two were from Toyia telling me to call her as soon as I get in and one was from James from accounting who needed some help on a proposal. I decided to call James first so I could get Toyia last sence i already know she wanted the gossip on what happened friday.

"Okay tell me what happened" Toyia said through the phone

"Dang I dont get a "good moring" or "how has your day been so far" I laughed

"child please we are way passed formalities, now get down to the niddy griddy and tell me the scoop, did yall kiss, or have sex, please tell Lisa has got her groove back"

"well if you stop talking a mile a minute I wll tell you; and I have to admit you were right; I had nothing to nervous about"

"OMG! you gave up the panties didnt you" Toyia screamed

"NO GIRL! we just talked about our lives and i think we're on the track to being good freinds"

"Freinds? How the hell you get in the friend zone....ummm that wasnt the plan lisa"

"well it was mine Im ok with being friends, its actually way less complicated and I feel more comfortable"

"yea okay but im still "team relationship" or at least "team booty call" or some"

" yea well good luck with that, but ima holla at you later because I have a meeting with James in a few"

I got up to pack my stuff for the meeting being held in a little while. I cant believe Toyia is still on this relationship foolishness, I thought to myself as I walked to the restroom. I havent been in a relationship sence my first year in college, and considering how horrible that ended I'm scared to even try and deal with one ever again. Taking a glance at my watch I saw I was due in the board room in less than 15 minutes.

While haddleing my business two females walked in, you could tell by their hushed tones it was a deep conversation. As I was about to exit the stall I heard one of them say my name, which caused me to stop.

" Yes girl Lisa from this floor" I heard the voice I didnt reconize say

"are you sure"

"positive tammy said she saw them friday night eating together like they were on a date"

my pulse quickened I knew they had to be talking about me.

"I dont know why in the hell he would want to be caught dead being seen with her, I didnt know fat girls were in style" the person chuckled who made the comment. I knew that voice. It was Chole!

"she a hoe, just a quick fuck you know how big girls are they have to get it anyway they can" Chole continued. At this point I was livid I mean its one thing to not like me, but a complete nother to be spreading lies on me for no reason, especially when I have been nothing but nice to you.

" but she being a hoe with your man Chloe whats up with that" Wait a minute "HER MAN" what the hell is going here.

"oh i aint worried about her she aint no compation for me I can handle that bitch" she said while her and the other girl walking out the bathroom. I was angry and hurt beyond words. Why couldnt William have just told me somthing was going on with them, instead of having me blind sided like this. We just business associate for god sakes. All I know is I had some question and they needed to be answered NOW!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short guys .... Comment-vote-fan :)