V

Tian Anjing sat up in his chair more properly and gave his full attention. "So, the first thing you need to know about your Systems is that they are a type of advanced A.I. with their own intelligence, personality, and traits. So, to establish communication, you need to first name your System. This provides a stable communication line. If your System does not like the name you've given it, it will not create the stable line of communication, causing inconsistencies in information gathering, directing orders and releasing of plotline sequences to the Host. As the Host, it's your responsibility to come up with the name for your System that it can agree with. After the communication channel is stabilized, you can check out the Company Credits Store to browse and select what you want to learn or gain over the week before you are sent off to your first world. By familiarising yourself with the Store and the items within it, it can help you for future purposes. Do know that I am not going to help you pick nor suggest possible things to buy from the Store as that's up to your own judgment, it's so you can learn to accept choices you've made, even if later down the line you realize it wasn't the best decision. And for another reason, I just plain don't know you, I can't suggest anything without having a thorough understanding of your strengths and weaknesses" she finished before sitting back down on the chair behind the podium. 

Silence rang out in the room before everyone started closing their eyes to get in contact with their System. Tian Anjing relaxed in his seat and closed his eyes as well. In the darkness projected in his mind, there was two distinct glows, one violet in colour and a much larger one crimson in colour. The violet orb whizzed around excitedly like a busy bee whilst the crimson orb sat quietly, waiting for something. When Tian Anjing's figure appeared in the dark world, the violet orb came up to greet him enthusiastically. 

[Hello Host, I am your second System. I'll allow you to call me whatever you deem fit!]. Tian Anjing raised a brow, practically seeing a dog's tail wagging behind it. The orb appeared to be male, but he couldn't be too sure just based on voice alone. He turned to look at the crimson orb that was ignoring them. A sigh was heard as the orb meandered over slowly, trying to avoiding facing Tian Anjing for as long as possible. Eventually arriving before Tian Anjing, the orb floated above his head so he had to look up at it. [Zhen is called Guowang, you will refer to Zhen as that]. What a cocky System. Tian Anjing turned to look at the violet orb, "you will be Xiao Gou and you..." he turned to the haughty red orb, "will be Chihong" he stated, no-nonsense. Xiao Gou whizzed in circles happily, a golden bridge of light suddenly appearing in the space between them. The crimson orb harrumphed, displeased but allowed the golden bridge to connect between them. Tian Anjing gave a brief smile to both Xiao Gou and Chihong before sitting down on the ground between them. "I have some questions I want you guys to answer for me, please". Xiao Gou landed on his right shoulder and nuzzled his cheek while Chihong arrogantly occupied the crown of his head, his eye twitched in frustration but ignored the blatant disrespect he was shown. 

[Host, let Xiao Gou answer your questions!] the orb's glow flickered twice. Tian Anjing patted the top of the orb like petting a dog, he did well in naming him. "Alright, Xiao Gou. Can you tell me why I have two Systems, why it's possible and whether this could be an issue in the long run" he got straight to the point. Judging from Eduline's reaction when the integration started, he'd never seen something like that and when the lecturer started talking in singular form when referring to contacting your System, he knew that something was different about his contracting experience. Chihong snorted before answering. [Originally, it was supposed to be just Zhen but then this idiot tagged along Zhen's tail. Zhen does not know why you are able to have two Systems but Zhen is not happy. Having two Systems will mean that the energy reward given at the end of each world completion has to be divided three ways, not just two ways] Chihong contemptuously snarled in Xiao Gou's direction. Xiao Gou whimpered as if hit. 

[But, but, this means that Host can still benefit because now Host has a greater amount of elements Host has an affinity to as he has a larger amount of spirit force than average! And because of Host housing two Systems, Host can intake more spirit energy to strengthen Host's power and constitution. Isn't that great? However, Xiao Gou and Chihong are of different ranks so the powers provided by each of us are of different levels. Chihong is higher in rank than Xiao Gou] Xiao Gou pointed out. Tian Anjing thought for a moment about what they said but decided not to take it to heart as it wasn't an immediate issue. He tapped his chin and turned to look at Xiao Gou, "hey, does that mean you have different Store authorities? I mean, if Chihong is of higher rank, does that mean he can unlock higher levels of authority within the store than Xiao Gou?" Chihong hummed in quiet agreement and both opened up their Stores, both resembling the screen from back in the lecture hall except they were tinted in the colours of the glows themselves, instead of being plainly semi-transparent. It appears that despite Chihong's Store being clearly higher rank, it displayed the same information as Xiao Gou's. [Because you are merely of the lowest level of World Traveller, Zhen's Store is restricted. Work hard to unlock more, hmph] Chihong sneered. Can I punch this orb? Just a little is enough.

Tian Anjing resisted the urge to hit the orb and browsed through the available items in the Store. Thinking of all the possible situations that he could end up embroiled in, Tian Anjing opted to purchase the 'Basic Military Combat Techniques', 50 points of strength, 80 points of agility, a set of 'Basic Must Have Pills Collection' and a 'Basic Store Guide' so that he can further navigate the Store during his next purchases. "So Xiao Gou, Chihong, how does learning this technique come about?" he asked his Systems while waiting for the items to arrive. Xiao Gou and Chihong's orbs glowed as he watched a cardboard box appear in front of each of them. Opening the box in front of Xiao Gou, there was a mysterious meat package and a glowing feather as well as the 'Basic Store Guide'. Chihong's box held a small piece of purple jade and a small box that rattled when moved.

 [Host, you have to eat the meat for strength, raw. And you must hold the feather to your glabella for agility. The jade is a memory transfer device, also hold that against your glabella for the information to be input directly to your memories. As for the box, that holds your pills. To learn skills, Xiao Gou and Chihong will open a separate space with augmented time to maximise the use of your week here to learn the skill. 1C for each day within the space. One day is 50 in the space so the minimum you can spend is 50C. You've spent 50C on strength, 80C on agility, 100C on the Basic Store guide, 150C on the pills and 500C on the skill. You have spent 880C. Would you like to spend the remaining 120C on days within the space?] Xiao Guo reported his expenses.

Tian Anjing thought about it for a while and nodded affirmatively. [Zhen needs a verbal confirmation] said Chihong. "Then, yes". Picking up the raw meat, he grimaced before eating it in three large bites. The meat didn't taste like meat, in fact, it didn't taste like anything but he did feel a rush of heat under his skin which faded away minutes later. Pressing the feather to his glabella, Tian Anjing felt the item disappear from his hand before feeling like a gust of wind blew over his entire body. He moved his limbs about, stretching to accommodate this new found strength and speed. His body structure widened slightly before shrinking to a midway point and becoming more sinewy, optimising his body for a balance of strength and speed. Chihong and Xiao Gou flashed once, twice and once more before a large black whirlpool appeared between them, the suction force pulling his body into its depths. [See you in 6 days, Host] Xiao Gou bid farewell.