2.2

Eventually, three days after landing in this world, Chi YunQi could finally take some time to herself to talk to her System. "Xiao Gou, come out, I promise I won't hit you" Chi YunQi spoke through the link and smiled. The smile wasn't sunny like the summer sky but chilly like a winter's day. Xiao Gou's light fluctuated in terror but came out of Chi YunQi's glabella none the less. She had crossed her arms and legs to the best of her ability but she didn't look anywhere near as terrifying as she believed she did. As she couldn't talk yet, she had no choice but to talk through the link. [Host, are you angry because you're a girl in this World?] Xiao Gou tested the waters. Chi YunQi kept quiet with a frown but sighed after a while, her whole body relaxing against the pillow she was propped up on. "No, no, it's not that. I suppose I just had some expectations and they were shattered too damn quickly. Anyway, give me the low down. What's the plotline?" Chu YunQi snuggled further into her pillow, relaxing for the ride. 

[Okay Host. The main storyline starts when an Imperial Edict was sent out to all Officials and Generals that their daughters are to be sent to the Imperial Concubine Selection. In the selection, the Chi clan's most precious daughter, Chi YunQi is chosen amongst twenty other candidates. Chi YunQi's mother and Matriarch of the Chi clan, Chi YunLei, was away on business in another territory when the Edict was censured. When she came back to find her daughter be selected by the King as the Imperial Consort, she was seething with rage and vowed to take her daughter back. Turns out that Chi YunLei was someone who transmigrated from the twenty-first century who had been a rape victim, became pregnant and when she just accepted the baby for what it was, she ended up having a miscarriage. After committing suicide in grief at 23, Chi YunLei crossed over and woke up as Chi YunLei in this life in the amidst the birth of Chi YunQi. Not wanting to ever lose another child again, she doted on Chi YunQi to the point of obsession. This obsession and possessiveness came to the point that Chi YunLei realised that she had a Jocasta Complex, falling in love with her daughter. She loved her daughter but not in a romantic way but she wanted to possess her everything so that she can't ever leave her. Resolute, Chi YunLei decided she'd take down the country that separated her from her daughter but she couldn't very well stage a coup d'etat as she wouldn't be backed by anyone and would send her clan to death, including her precious daughter. So, she devised a plan to make the country incomparably wealthy, including introducing many new technologies under a private company not affiliated with the Chi clan. This drew attention from other greedy countries vying for more land and wealth. This started a large scale war between her home country, ZhongYuan, and many more countrymen like the Mongols, the Kievans, the Sindhus and the Kyrgyz. These large empires created alliances amongst themselves, the Sindhus and the Kyrgyz formed one group coming in from the North West position and the Kievans and Mongols forming the other group marching in from up North. Panicking, ZhongYuan reached out to smaller countries for help, with the promise of an expansion of borderland for their services. In the end, only Annam and Siam wanted to help ZhongYuan whilst Lan Xang chose to remain neutral due to its past ties to the Sindhus. In war-torn ZhongYuan, Chi YunLei managed to find her daughter though she was already dead from a siege on the Palace. She died in the arms of her husband, the newly crowned Emperor, leaving only a newborn son. Eventually, ZhongYuan managed to win the war but the new Monarch had died during the fight. Thus, his younger brother took over as Regent King until the King's son was old enough to take the throne. During the fight, many of the Chi clansmen died, resulting in a disillusion of the clan itself. Chi YunLei only had her grandson left, so in order to look after her grandson, Chi YunLei got permission from the Empress Dowager to enter the Palace. There she stayed, grieving the loss of another child and raising the last remnants of her daughter to be a fine King. The child, Long ZuiGao, was enthroned at 14. It wasn't until five years later and further investigation, did Long ZuiGao find out his grandmother's involvement in the war that ultimately devastated the country and killed his parents. In a fit of rage, he sent out an Imperial Edict to all countrymen to attend a ceremony. At this ceremony, he announced Chi YunLei's crimes and had her tortured by a thousand cuts before being drawn and quartered before the angered crowd. Chi YunLei died miserably but justly].

Chi YunQi blinked rapidly for a long while. "Oh come on, are you pulling my leg? There's no way that's the actual storyline! That's just too unbelievable!" Chi YunQi was gobsmacked, hoping to all known Gods that this was just a joke. Xiao Gou remained silent. "FUCK! Like fuck! Sorry for my dirty words but I can't say anything else to this. Shit, shit, shittity, shit shit" she was almost going mad at this completely unbelievable scenario. "This Chi YunLei has to be the biggest dumbfuck I've ever heard of. Her daughter is married off but she decides to create a war, a war, to get her back? I mean, she was thinking of her clansmen when she didn't start a coup which is all good, but then she thought that the better option was to start a war which would take the lives of her clansmen anyway. And did she really think her daughter would be safe in the middle of a war, especially as she had the identity as the Imperial Consort who gave birth to the Crown Prince? Dumb, dumb lady!" Chi YunQi had cracked it, how was she supposed to live within this situation. "Anyway, just give me the bloody World missions already!", she was fed up and wanted to get out of this World as quickly as possible.

 [Prevent the war from happening: 1000CC

  - Impede in Chi YunLei's business ventures: 500CC

  - Match Chi YunLei with someone: 300CC

  - Pass the Selection: 200CC

  - Safely give birth to Long ZuiGuo: 1000CC

  - Bring the Chi clan to prominence: 500CC

  - Live a long and happy life: 500CC

Possible Total Credits to be earned: 4000CC]   

Chi YunQi narrowed her eyes. This is going to be difficult.

In the Imperial Palace.

A baby's loud cry echoed in the Empress's Palace. An older servant with experience in childbirth held the newborn second Prince, attentively putting her little finger in his mouth to wipe away the embryonic fluid and blood so that the child doesn't swallow and choke on the viscous substance. 

The Prince opened his eyes to a new World.