1.31

Lei Chu was laying on her stomach on her bed, her laptop screen inches away from her face, a reflection of a white rectangle in her dewy eyes. A 'ping' came from her laptop, causing her to stop scrolling and view the bottom right-hand corner of the screen where a large rectangle pop up notification blinked into existence. Clicking the pop-up, a separate tab opened up on her browser and directed her to her email inbox. Clicking the topmost email, Lei Chu lazily scrolled the contents with her cheek laid on her propped up hand, the picture of not giving a fuck. Her eyes widened as she read the entire contents before she was blinking rapidly like she couldn't believe what she was reading. Gritting her teeth and narrowing her eyes in rage, Lei Chu picked up her cell off of the comforter next to her and tried to type in the pin code as fast as she could open the device but in her haste, she keeps adding a series of different numbers that wasn't the actual pin code. Screaming in frustration with her teeth still gnashed, Lei Chu readjusted her right pointer finger from resting between the volume control and power buttons to the back of the phone in order to scan her fingerprint for faster access to her phone. Wiggling her finger into the right place and causing numerous vibrations of the phone telling her that she hasn't put her finger on the scanner properly, finally, an audible 'puchi' sound notified her that her phone was unlocked. 

Finally being able to call Benson, Lei Chu threw her phone as hard as she could at her pillows when it went straight to voicemail. The phone rebounded and bounced to the left of her seated figure and landed face up on the carpeted floor. A vibrating sound emitted from her phone and the song 'Recipe' by Luizy and Flowsik blared, signalling an incoming call. Bending her torso off the bed, almost falling off on a diagonal, Lei Chu slid the green 'Answer' icon without reading the name of the person calling her at 11:03 p.m. "Hello" she put on her 'sweet' voice. A tinkling laugh came on the other side, making the falsified smile on her face slip into an irritated frown. "What do you want? Calling your sister at this hour?" Lei Chu deadpanned, much to the silent delight of the person on the other end of the phone. "Oh, oh, that's the way you want to talk to me after I took the time to check in on my heartbroken sister?" Lei Yang mocked. Lei Chu huffed and rolled her eyes, leaning back against her bed head and burying herself amongst her mountains of pillows. "How did you know? It just happened now? I swear you have bugs planted on me and my devices. You're like a Mafia Don, knowing everything that goes on in your territory, in real time" Lei Chu drawled, so not ready to deal with her insanely influential brother right now. 

She just got the information that the deal she had with Benson Davies was called off. He did buy out her silence though. Lei Chu absentmindedly clicked the hyperlink embedded in the email. There was silence on the phone before maniacal laughter exploded from Lei Yang. Lei Chu held the phone away from her ear with a confused expression. Lei Yang laughed heartily for a long time before wheezing in deep breaths. "Wow Lei Chu, to think you'd be stupid to click that link. I mean, Benson called off the deal yet he sends you money, don't you find that suspicious? You could argue that it's hush money but it's so not. Anyway, I should thank your stupidity as it let me into your laptop" Lei Yang was in a stellar mood. He got what he wanted; access to Lei Chu's computer. He was by no means a hacker but as he was a wealthy and influential man, he managed to find a decent hacker. The hacker designed some malware that can disguise itself as a hyperlink to an official source protected by the Government, like a bank account in this case, and can download all of the target's files on their device. By pretending to be an official source, it would leave many people unguarded and that made it the perfect guise to hide the malware behind. Lei Yang used that to his advantage, incorporating it into his plan. All he had to do was email the disguised malware and then the information would be sent directly to the hacker who would sort through it and give him the things he wanted. And what he wanted was the incriminating emails, plans, documents and payments exchanged between Lei Chu and Benson Davies in order to carry out the plan. By tomorrow, Lei Yang would hand off this evidence to a person he knows in the Police and has them deal with Lei Chu after they conduct their own investigations which won't be hard, as the hacker he hired is a hacker that works in conjunction with the local Police in Devonport.