1.21

Over the next two weeks, Benson Davies took Lei Chu on three dates. Lei Yang was surprised but didn't let his guard down. Lei Chu's unnatural expression that night and Benson's threat, he didn't want to be caught unawares. The only good news was the completion of one of the missions. [Mercenary Tian Anjing has notification from Adjurer Company Headquarters. Please stand by for transmission] a robotic voice announced in his head one day, interrupting his afternoon tea break. A large violet semi-transparent screen appeared at eye height. On the screen was some information.

 [Mercenary Tian Anjing

Current Location: World no.21676453

Missions Locked: 2/6

Missions Unlocked: 4/6

Missions Completed: 1/6

Mission Details: 

Prevent Lei Yang from being framed. Mission Status: Locked. Credits Earned: N/A

Prevent Edris Sawyer from falling in love with Lei Chu. Mission Status: Pending. Credits Earned: N/A

Help Felicity Lane get the P.A. job. Mission Status: Complete. Credits Earned: 600CC

Help Lei Yang pass a Science course. Mission Status: Pending. Credits Earned: N/A

Help Felicity Lane and Tristan Price get together. Mission Status: Pending. Credits Earned: N/A

Prevent Lei Yang's death by making him as happy as can be. Mission Status: Locked. Credits Earned: N/A

Confirm that the information above is correct. Please Confirm or Decline]

Lei Yang finished reading. "Confirm". [Thank you, Mercenary Tian Anjing. Rookie Notice: This message will show up every time you have completed a mission. The rules will be the same every time, either Confirm status or Decline. If you choose Decline, you will be connected to a representative of your Proctor's Department to discuss why you declined and give evidence to any objections you make. Thank you and have a good day]. The screen shattered like glass and disappeared.

Lei Yang smiled in excitement and quickly gave Felicity a call. The girl picked up after three rings, "Ah, Yang-Yang, I was just about to call you. Anyway, guess what?!" she squealed in happiness. Lei Yang pretended to think about it, though he already knew why she was happy. "Nothing of interest has happened to you of late, except for that surprise interview to Sawyer Conglomerate. What, did you get the job or something?" he 'questioned'. "Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner! Come and collect your prize, sir. A free meal in celebration of my, Felicity Lane's success in becoming the Edris Sawyer's Personal Assistant!" she giggled, already drunk on her inevitable victory. Lei Yang chuckled in good humour before he got interrupted by an incoming call. "Hey, Fee, I'll give you a call another time. I've got another call coming through, congrats on the job. M'kay, bye" he spoke as quickly as he could coherently. Answering the phone without checking the number, he wasn't too surprised that it was Edris calling him. "Yang". Lei Yang rolled his eyes at the man's greeting or lack thereof. "Edris" he imitated the man's abrupt greeting. "So, your friend managed to get the job. I  trust that she has already informed you?" he questioned in amusement, pointedly ignoring the other man's mocking. "Yeah, she was just telling me so on the phone". I already knew due to a little violet orb, I won't tell you that though. "I quite like my new P.A. Thank you for the recommendation otherwise we would have passed up such a capable employee. Now, the reason I'm calling you actually relates to your friend. I'm having a party after the annual stocktake at our warehouses. This party is to welcome new employees but also to wind down, even if it's only for one night" Edris informed him. "Edris, it's only the first week of August, don't stocktakes on the larger scale happen around October-November?" Lei Yang asked in confusion. Edris paused and laughed heartily. "Yang, I'm not holding the party until the last week of September. I'm just letting you know ahead of time". The men talked for a while more and Edris asked to come over for dinner at Lei Yang's. Humming affirmative, Lei Yang hung up after goodbyes were exchanged. He sat was slumped against his couch. 

Okay, let's keep everything going at this pace. One mission is complete, the matchmaking will take some time for feelings to develop romantically so I can only wait for that mission to sort itself out. Edris hasn't met Lei Chu yet, so that ship isn't sailing plus, I set her up for marriage so it's unlikely anything is going to happen. My Science course only picked up at the start of July and it will finish around the end of November, so that mission will finish itself. The thing that's bugging me is these two locked missions. One is related to being framed. Lei Yang stood up and started pacing, his thumb pinching and rolling his lower lip. 

I think it's because I haven't done anything to be framed? No wait, the original didn't either. Is it because I chose to follow the Science course and haven't been admitted into Sawyer Conglomerate? No wait, that would leave two missions to contradict each other, that doesn't sound like something the Company would do. So... that means either of two things is at play here. I will be framed for something, not necessarily the stealing of company secrets but it could still happen as I am friends with Edris so I will visit his office at some point. The other option is I haven't met all the key players within the scheme and once I do, it will unlock itself. You never know, it could be both of those things. As for the other locked mission, preventing Lei Yang's death by making him 'as happy as can be'.

 Maybe that has several points to it as well. It could be proving his innocence, making his parents proud of him, completing a degree in the course of his choice, reuniting with his sister, make a name for himself in a profession of his choice, make friends or even find a lover and creating a family of his own. It could be any of those things as they all fall under the character profile of Lei Yang. Because they fall under his character profile, it means that one or more of these things has to be done until the requirement of the mission is satisfied. Then again, it could be an entirely different thing altogether that could satisfy the requirements, as humans change as they grow and old characteristics are replaced with new ones. So that means there could be new characterisations that fulfil the mission requirements yet to be introduced. It could be something that I might unintentionally discover or might not ever fulfil. That's the issue with this mission, it's by far the hardest to complete as it's too vague. Lei Yang stopped pacing and sat back down with an exasperated sigh. 

Looks like I'm gonna have to play it by ear. But why do I have the nagging feeling that I've overlooked something important?