1.3

"Xiao Gou, what's the efficacy of these pills?" Lei Yang asked the violet orb, giving up talking to the other one. Haughty little shit. [Host, if you were to intake the pill on its own, you would be immediately fixed. White jade like skin with the elasticity of a baby's, weight gain to healthy proportions, lustrous and moisturised hair and with the detox pill, you'd have the impurities in your body flushed out. You'd also be immune to most poisons under Heaven. That also means things like bacteria that causes odours and such are automatically repelled so no smelly feet or stinky sweat for you. The only downside to these pills is there is no permanent results. You'd have to take these pills again in each world as you will be changing bodies. As your soul can't change physiology, it's such a shame. Oh, making 2 litres of water to dilute the pill is reasonable. Drink about 200ml each week and you won't change at an unreasonable pace. It'll be gradual progression]

Lei Yang hummed and filled a bucket he found under the bathroom sink with water and washed it out a few times to eliminate any possible lingering chemicals. Filling the bucket up to the 2L indicator with the iced tea he bought, Lei Yang dropped the green pill into the bucket. The tea turned into an aquamarine colour almost immediately. "Wait, Xiao Gou. Can I mix these pills together or do I have to separate them to 2 litres of each concoction?" he queried as he was about to drop the purple Detoxification and Cleansing pill into the bucket. [Oh, Xiao Gou forgot. Sorry Host! You have to keep them separate as it may cause a cancellation of effects as they are pills of different ranks. Higher rank pills have a certain tendency to cancel out the effects of lower rank pills. Think of it as when in cooking, something with a strong taste like chocolate will cancel out something with a subtle taste like vanilla, even if there's a lot of vanilla used to compensate. Hmph, it sounds like the higher rank pills are just bullying the lower rank pills, Xiao Gou hates bullies] the orb laid out its grievances, the last sentence was suspiciously pointed like it suffered at the hands of some great oppressor. I've got my money on Chihong.

 Lei Yang sighed but thanked his lucky stars that he bought three large 2L plastic bottles and three plastic cups in different sizes. It was intuition that told him to so he followed his gut feeling and was surprised at it's accuracy. By the time he diluted all three pills, he had three 2L bottles with aquamarine, gold and fuchsia liquids. On the bottles, he labelled them with the pills initial and took a ruler to measure out 200ml from the base of the cup so that he could pour the exact amount each week. "Alright, I'll slowly consume these three solutions on alternate days over the week until I achieve my goal. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Today is Monday so I think I'll start off with the Detox pill, Wednesday is Nutrition and Friday is Beauty" Lei Yang organised for himself a schedule. Measuring out the first 200ml, Lei Yang guzzled the aquamarine concoction and sat down in a lotus position. 

Feeling a heat spread over his body and settle in his skin, a sensation like pins and needles stabbed into him, leaving no part of his body untouched. Lei Yang was convulsing in pain on the floor as something within his pores was forcefully excreted, creating a disgusting layer of filth. When the pain subsided, he bee-lined straight for the shower. Scrubbing off the filth, the mirror revealed a slightly lighter skinned Lei Yang, whiter by at least two shades. It wasn't lighter to the point that he was unrecognisable but sort of sickly looking, his thin body did not help the appearance. Lei Yang opened the small window in the bathroom to get the putrid smell of the filth out of the enclosed space and took a rag to clean the dorm floor where he was laying before. Hiding the concoctions under his bed, Lei Yang felt hungry and tired. "Why am I tired? Is it because of the lactose issue?" Lei Yang asked a rhetorical question aloud. [Host, it's because of the Detox pill. It uses the body's latent energy to force out impurities and change the constitution for poison immunity] Xiao Gou helpfully told him. Lei Yang hummed and looked around his drawers.

 Spotting a small bag of potato chips in the corner of his closet space, he decided to make due with that until dinner time. Munching away, Lei Yang went through his rundown laptop to access his social medias and his friends' social medias, getting a grasp of himself and the people around him. His social medias indicated that he was a lurker, someone added to groups and pages to peruse but never commented or liked any post. His friends were into vastly different interests; one liked extreme sports, another liked theatre, another was a social butterfly involved in many different scenes and another was highly reclusive with a keen interest in video games and novels. They were very diverse and hardly spent time together nowadays, working around different social circles or just not being sociable at all. It's not surprising they didn't seem to know about anything in the original chain of events, only finding out from smack talk being thrown around at Lei Yang's funeral. Though indignant at the rumours, they couldn't rightfully be anguished for their friend as they had estranged themselves from him early on and didn't have the right to lash back.

 While 'researching', Lei Yang decided to check out Lei Chu's social medias. They showed images of a young girl enthralled in life, highly optimistic and fun-loving. Lei Yang rested his chin on his left hand palm, using his right hand to press on the down arrow key to browse through Lei Chu's posts. His black eyes were clear, reflecting the computer screen perfectly, his pupils imperceptibly moving when a post or image amused him or caught his eye. Closing down the browser, Lei Yang opened up a fresh document on Word, setting up some bullet points.

Lei Yang:

- Could be considered a perpetual loner. Though he has friends, he is estranged from them. 

- Has a large inferiority complex. Traumatic event? Needs to be investigated. May have been instigated by Lei Chu, not proven or disproved yet. 

- Self neglects. Body in poor condition, appearance unkempt, needs new clothes and a hair cut.

- Appears slow witted but is remarkably bright. Caught onto sister's scheme early on but didn't have proof so attended the ambush that was set up for him. Didn't expect for everything to happen so quickly so wasn't able to close in on Lei Chu and her cronies. Should be a Science Major but was concerned about Lei Chu so forwent a viable career in favour of one that he didn't particularly shine in. 

Lei Chu:

- Green tea bitch, conniving scheming little worm. Should win the 'no.1 Disliked Person Ever' award.

- Has no loyalties, only measures friendships and romances by their potential benefits towards herself.

- Has average intelligence. Isn't book smart but understands how to best gain an advantage and what methods to use to achieve that. If not, a little cliche when it comes to scheming, just a little more methodical than the other villains I've read about in online novels. 

Lei Yang paused and just stared at the document, the blinking cursor at the end of the last sentence in his sight as he was deep in thought.