ARC 2.1

Tian Anjing felt pressure from all around his body, his head especially so. It was akin to having gravity pressing down on all sides. Suddenly, he felt the pressure relieve some before completely disappearing as his body was propelled forward. Someone caught him and he tried to open his eyes to see who had caught him but he was unexpectedly exhausted. He fell asleep for who know's how long before waking up to a ruckus. Finally managing to pry his eyes open to the blinding light of the new World. From the position of his point of view and lack of mobility, Tian Anjing already recognised that he had been 'born' into this new World. The room was opulently garbed in purples and reds and many trinkets lined the gold embellished furniture, obviously indicating his high status. 

Rolling his eyes to the doorway, Tian Anjing spied shadow cast from the candle light, the figure slinking towards him. Narrowing his eyes and feigning sleep, Tian Anjing was spying on this now clearly seen cloaked figure that moved in a sinister way. A tan, callused hand escaped from the swath of fabric to cup the face of the newborn. The fingernails were overgrown and grotesque as they jutted out on uneven angles, the skin of the hand weather worn and aged. The fingers bent back like a bird's claw whilst the palm still cupped the babe's face, nails poised to strike at any moment. Minute tremors shook the hand before a near inaudible sigh was heard, the fingers falling lax to brush away the micro-hairs on the babe's head. The baby in question stirred from its 'sleep' and opened its eyes to view the person so clearly showing both hostility and fragility in the same action. The figure stared at the child before bending down so it could examine much closer.

 The baby had large black eyes, phoenix in shape and rimmed by ridiculously long lashes for a baby. It also had a jade like lustre to its skin, a button nose, a thin upper lip but pronounced lower lip. The only flaw would have to be the slightly large ears that jutted out like a monkey's. "Ah, ah, Young Mistress, you are going to break some hearts, a beauty such as you. As much as I want to detest you and kill you where you lay, you are but a babe and I can not bring myself to do that. Please, say you forgive Grandma, okay?" the figure, now identified as a woman, bent down to lay a sloppy kiss on the baby's forehead. The baby's face seemed to be screwed up which made the woman laugh as she discarded her cloth that hid her figure. "Did you make a mess of yourself, little brat?" she mocked as she gently pinched the arch of Tian Anjing's foot and move it about slightly as she teased him. Tian Anjing was mortified about the insinuation but that isn't what got him rattled. It was the address, 'Young Mistress'. What the shit, did the Company really make me trade in my son for a daughter? If so, I want a refund and a hug for my trauma. Don't get him wrong, he wasn't against females and was more than acquainted with their bodies but that didn't mean he wanted to be one. Are they taking the piss? Someone please tell me that this is some sick joke they're playing on me and he gets to have a do-over. 

The sounds of approaching footsteps broke through the tirade of thoughts swimming in Tian Anjing's mind. The footsteps approached the room in a strange rhythm that was rather musical. Step, pause, step, step, pause, step, step, step, pause, step, pause. 1, 2, 3, 1. It was sequence and the number of steps to pauses were constantly changing. He didn't know why he was paying attention to it but it seemed he was in a trace and by the time he awoke from that trance, he was in the arms of another person, much more lithe than the would-be assassin. This person was a woman, if the thin arms and the breasts pressed against his side were anything to go by. But then again it could be because he was staring into the eyes of a fairy maiden whom he was sure had felled a city or two with her extreme beauty. Jade skin, rosebud lips, phoenix eyes with dewy black orbs, willow like brows and an intricate hair style reminiscent of Ancient China. Dressed in a royal blue hanfu and her face coloured with a hint of rouge, the faint scent of the berries used to colour and moisten her mouth and cheeks made the woman absolutely divine in his eyes. The woman smiled widely as she embraced her daughter. "My sweet Chi Yunqi, you will grow strong and happy. Never have a need for anything, my family's little princess. You will never have to live as I did... I will obliterate all hardships and things standing in your way. There, there, smile for Mother" the woman cooed and promised her newborn, resolute to go through Heaven and Hell for her child and support them no matter how they turn out in the future.

 Tian Anjing, now known as Chi Yunqi was laid in the woman's arms as she did a turn about the room. He could see the old woman's clenched fist and unnerved appearance. Noticing her precious child ignoring her in favour of the other person in the room, his Mother glared briefly at the old woman before smiling coldly. "Lao Muqin, do take proper care of my Qi-Er, she will be the Matriarch of the Chi family in the future after all". The old woman closed her eyes and bowed with her fist cupped towards the new Mother. "Yes, Matriarch". What kind of World has he gotten put into?