1.15

Edris left pretty soon after breakfast. As he was stepping over the threshold, he turned to look at Lei Yang over his shoulder. "Now we're friends, we should hang sometime," he said with a big grin and shut the door behind himself. Lei Yang snorted and sorted out washing the dishes. [Host, Xiao Gou has been keeping an eye on Lei Chu. She just went to the ATM and found out that the money on the credit card is real] the orb suddenly spoke up. Lei Yang was confused. "Since when could you use long distance monitoring? If I remember correctly, when we learned about the uses of a System, the teacher said that you'd have buy skills for your System to use. Got something you want to admit?" he questioned aloud, as there was nobody around to question his habit of talking to himself. [When Chihong was transferred to Edris Sawyer, he linked up with Xiao Gou and gave a copy of each of his skills to Xiao Gou so Xiao Gou can help Host], the System explained. Lei Yang paused scrubbing a frying pan.

 "I guess that makes sense, you are like an A.I. computer, right? So data transfer is possible. Another thing, why do you always talk in the third person? Now I think of it, Chihong also has a weird way of referring to itself as well, thinking he's some kind of Imperial Highness from ancient China or something" Lei Yang asked a question that had always plagued his mind since acquiring the Systems. The way they address themselves confuses him sometimes, making him wish for some pronouns. [Host, Xiao Gou's creator set Xiao Gou up like this, due to his personal preference. He used to say to Xiao Gou that it made Xiao Gou sound cuter. As for Chihong, Chihong is so much older and experienced than Xiao Gou, making him more likely to more impressionable to any particular Host he favoured. He must have picked up a rather arrogant Host in the past that he is now emulating. Since Xiao Gou is only a couple centuries old, Xiao Gou has had few Hosts and even fewer that Xiao Gou actually likes so Xiao Gou is still acting according to when Xiao Gou was made]. "Xiao Gou, do you like me?" Lei Yang suddenly asked, putting the System on the spot. [Xiao Gou likes Host very much] it admitted. "Then, when referring to yourself, think you can use pronouns such as 'I', 'My' and 'Me'? For me, please?" Lei Yang begged his System, sick of hearing 'Xiao Gou this, Xiao Gou that'. The System was quiet before humming in assent. [Okay Host, Xia- I will try]

"Anyway, so she's taken the bait. Xiao Gou, is there any way to send an email about the P.A. position, but make the date set to a week after the interviews? Is there a skill for that?" Lei Yang got down to business. [Yes Host, there is. Xi- I can do that for you. Anything else?]. Lei Yang thought for a while, watching the water swirl like a whirlpool as it drained away. "I need to make fast friends with Felicity Lane. Recently I've been notified that I didn't manage to get into King's Academy as I made sure my results were stellar but believable with my past grade averages. No matter, I did manage to get into Stelis University, the same as Felicity Lane, Tristan Price and Lei Chu. This could work to my advantage. As for meeting Felicity Lane... Maybe the cliche 'bump into each other while rounding the corner' tactic will work as a meeting opportunity? I'm running low on time, I might as well do it". So, for the first day of University, Lei Yang dressed especially nice; a white button-down shirt, burgundy coloured skinny jeans, black high top shoes and a long black cardigan that went down to his knees. Approaching the corner of the Science department building, Lei Yang waited for Xiao Gou to inform him of when Felicity was about to round the corner. Getting the signal, Lei Yang rounded the corner and deliberately bumped into the unsuspecting Felicity.

 The girl dropped back onto her bottom and looked up confused, thinking she bumped into a wall. A small jade white hand was outstretched in her vision. She followed the arm up to the face with her eyes, which turned comically wide. The girl took in the sight of Lei Yang as he did the same. She was worthy of being the Supporting Female Lead. Pale complexion, mid-length brown hair, large blue eyes, small rosebud lips and a dainty feminine figure that brings out the need to protect within the opposite sex. Felicity pushed up her purple wire-rimmed glasses up the bridge of her nose and felt a faint blush bloom on her face. Taking the hand offering her help, Felicity was surprised by the hidden strength within the small man in front of her. He was ethereal like an immortal from ancient fables of people who could walk through the clouds, ride the wind and waves and glow like the sun in the dark. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and-" she paused and noticed her empty hands. On Lei Yang's pristine white dress shirt were the remnants of her hot chocolate. "-spilled my hot drink all over your white shirt" she muttered and sunk her head into the collar of her deep green sweater. Clenching her skirt in anxiousness, Felicity looked at Lei Yang's face with guilt. "It's alright, I wasn't paying attention either" he waved it off, amused at her guilt-ridden facial expression. He planned for this to happen so he deliberately wore a white shirt today, its sacrifice was noted. Even if she wasn't carrying anything that could easily stain his clothes, he was determined to implicate her, maybe bumping into her and falling onto his back so his shirt is still dirtied. "No, I bumped into you, so I will take you to get a new shirt. Take it as my apology" she thumped her fist onto her chest, like a man in the army solemnly swearing his piety to his country. Lei Yang burst into a fit of giggles.

 "In that case, I'll get you a new skirt as yours is dirty. It takes two to bump into each other, it's partially my fault. I'll pay for your skirt, you pay for my shirt, sound fair?" Lei Yang compromised with a shy smile. Felicity's face grew redder in shame, realising that her drink had spilled on her skirt and tights as well as Lei Yang's shirt. She nodded and led the way out of the University, heading to the nearest boutique on the main strip. Along the way, they introduced themselves and gave brief descriptions about what courses they would be doing, interests and hobbies; the talked about anything and nothing really. By the time they had bought and changed into the new clothes, Lei Yang had gotten Felicity's phone number and they planned to meet up at lunch break to eat together. 

Separating and rushing towards their respective course departments, Lei Yang was close to running late for his first lesson. As he thanked his foresight to come early so he could set up his encounter, he glided through the door, short of breath and vaguely sweaty just as the lecturer was going to shut the door. Given a reprimanding look, Lei Yang smiled apologetically and turned his gaze to examine the room for a seat. His gaze went from left to right before pausing in shock on a blonde head in a sea of brown and black. Blonde hair, green eyes and a swimmer's body frame; what the heck is Tristan Price doing in the Science department?