1.29

It didn't take long for Benson to call him after their meeting, despite the fact that Lei Yang hadn't even messaged him the details to their spontaneous deal. Lei Yang was left smirking and staring down at a manilla folder sat on the coffee table in front of him. In the folder was the detailed report about the person that Lei Yang wanted Benson to contact about having a child with. Lei Yang opened the folder and pulled out the documents, eyeing the picture of the woman clipped to the front of the stack. A woman with Western features; brown curly hair and chocolate doe-like eyes and tan skin; she was beautiful, if not a bit pimply and bumpy on her face. She was exotic in some standards but only whilst she was in A Country. If she was dropped in the middle of E Country or her native P Country, she'd blend in with the rest of the citizens.

 The woman's name is Jasny Świeca, an employee of Sawyer Conglomerate headquarters who worked within middle management. Yes, she is the employee Edris shared a passionate night within the original timeline but was substituted with *cough* someone else. Jasny was offered by her company in P Country in order to create good relations with Sawyer Conglomerate Head, Edris Sawyer. Initially, when Lei Yang was researching everything he could to understand the original timeline, he of course looked between the lines of the text in the World's Source Material and found out the identity of the unnamed sexual partner of Edris, wondering how she came to be entangled within the World's storyline. Finding out about her company sending her off to Edris, Lei Yang got the wrong impression and thought she was sold to Edris for indecent reasons to form illegal relationships between the companies. He even came up with a few theories about the possible 'HR nightmare' that resulted in the original timeline. However, it turned out that she wasn't offered for the terms of unspoken rules but she was sort of, interning at Sawyer Conglomerate and in a couple of years, she'll take what she has learned in A Country back to P Country to apply to her workplace. So, the question is, what happened exactly? 

Well, no surprises, Edris was dead drunk that night and passed out right in front of Jasny. She took him back to her place in order to look after him as she couldn't just leave her Boss passed out on the sidewalk. One thing led to another, they went 'pa pa pa' and Edris left awfully confused in the morning. As he had brought her back with him personally from P Country just two months ago, he knew of her despite the colossal size of his company and the fact she worked in middle management. He was really torn up by it. The issue was kept between themselves until it came to light due to an unfortunate revelation. Jasny was pregnant, with Edris' child. Edris refused to believe her and the fuss of the issue made it's rounds within the company until everybody and their dog knew of the baby. 

This is where Lei Chu came in to comfort Edris. Edris approached Jasny, asking her to abort the child as it would be the best for both the mother and the child in the long run as he blatantly stated he wanted nothing to do with the child and won't be giving any sort of support during the child's birth or life afterwards. Jasny was infuriated, as she had a hard time becoming pregnant. The females in her family suffered from a low egg count so the opportunity to have children is really numbered. Even more so as she was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, a hormonal imbalance contrived from birth and the formation of cysts along the outside of the ovaries, making it even harder to become pregnant. She declined the abortion and Edris sent her back to P Country where she lived the rest of her days with the illegitimate Sawyer child. She never told the child about their father, as it would unduly upset the child and because she didn't want to involve Edris in their life. Edris was only reported to have seen the child once, at Jasny's funeral. The cysts along the side of her ovaries turned cancerous and it was too late before they found out. 

Lei Yang was pissed at the original Edris Sawyer as he was a right dickhead but he didn't put too much thought into it as the timeline has changed so that means that the Edris of now is different than the Edris of then. So, for the past five months, Lei Yang managed to befriend Jasny. He really liked her as she was kind, considerate and great to banter with. He created a genuine friendship with the woman. It would be a couple of months before she confided in him about her health issues, in which he told her that he'd support her through her struggles. Before his visit to Benson in the cafe, Lei Yang got in contact with Jasny and proposed that she did an IVF insemination of Benson's sperm and conceive that way. Jasny was a bit put out until I told her briefly about Benson's problems, in which she took pity and agreed as long as Benson was okay with it. 

"Anyway, I looked into that woman you wanted to set me up with, Jasny. You said it would someone of better standing than your sister. With you as her brother, I don't see how Lei Chu is below this foreign woman" Benson drawled into the phone speaker. Lei Yang smirked and pulled up the lever of his recliner, the footrest springing up with a 'kerplunk'. "Well, what if I say she's a descendant of the last Polish Monarch, (Stanislav) August Poniatowski? The King's daughter, Princess (Sobolewska) Izabela Grabowskich married Count (Sobolewski) Walenty Faustyn, who had then became Jasny's great-great-great-great-yada yada-great something grandparents. All in all, you can father a Duke. What do you say?" Lei Yang started picking at his cuticles, grimacing as he completely butchered those Polish names. Everything was silent before a murmured agreement came from the man. 

Clapping his hands in excitement, Lei Yang headed over to his office and set up the scanner to scan the contract he got his lawyer to write up for the couple. Jasny had already signed it, whilst the scanner was going, he debriefed Benson and told him to check his emails as he'd be sending over the scanned contract as a PDF. Hanging up on the man, he was whistling in delight, practically imagining the end of the World missions drawing near.  

"What have I got left to do?

 Make sure Lei Yang doesn't get framed, working on that.

 Get Lei Yang to pass a Science course, I've got a couple more years until that's complete.

Make sure Edris doesn't fall in love with Lei Chu... I think I'll set him up with a suitable partner. That's the best I can do as his friend.

And... make sure Lei Yang doesn't commit suicide by keeping him as happy as possible. How do I do that? I have friends, family, an aspiration in life, what else do I need?" Lei Yang tapped his index finger on his chin in thought.

[Host, what about getting yourself a lover instead of just setting up everyone else around you?] Xiao Gou helpfully suggested. Lei Yang thought about it for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "I don't really care for a partner. I mean, I'm quite content on being single my whole life. If I get the urge, I can just hook up with single women, I don't have to be in a relationship to have sex" he stated, not at all fazed if others disagreed with his sentiments.

Xiao Gou sighed but didn't argue with its Host.