1.30

[Host, there's something I want to ask you] Xiao Gou piped up a few hours after the phone call with Benson. Lei Yang has been spending the time since then looking at the World's Source Material, looking for God knows what. Opening his eyes and sitting up from his laying down position on the couch, he turned to look at the violet orb. Perhaps from the loneliness of Chihong not being here anymore, Xiao Gou has taken up a habit of exiting Lei Yang's glabella when alone in order to accompany its Host. Lei Yang didn't mind so much and actually was kind of fond at looking at the little purple ball floating around his head, whizzing around at eye height so it could always be within his eyesight. "Sure, Pup, what's up?" Lei Yang chuckled at his rhyming quip. 

[Host, why haven't you done anything to Lei Chu? I mean, you've even facilitated her by giving her money and give her a wealthy and important husband as a backing. Why is it that you're treating her better than she deserves?]. Lei Yang clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. "Remember when I told you that I hung a noose around her neck? I've already set up the stage, she just needs to finish the play. You know what, I don't know how those protagonists in the books I often read would scheme a million little things when it just takes a couple of actions to trap their opponents in their spider web. I mean, it's extraneous and takes unnecessary effort. It means that they have no faith in their ability or don't even know what they're doing if they decide to take little steps at a time, they're just stalling until they figure out their next action. I haven't got time for that. I want to be out of this World the minute I've finished the missions. Besides, what's the point in scheming someone if you have to manipulate their every move and monitor them until they fall, if I was always hanging around to keep an eye on them, they might get the wrong impression and think I actually like them as I always know what they're up to. It could cause severe counterattack. I'm not about that life, I'll just start the initial stages and let the target hang themselves. That's what a true grand schemer should be aiming for, putting in as little effort as possible and being able to relax while the scheme still goes to plan". Lei Yang patiently explained to Xiao Gou while picking at his cuticles which were looking worse for wear from his constant ministrations.

 [I feel that Host, if he was a villain, would be the type to explain his entire plan to the protagonist in great detail. Never know, he might even bring out a pie graph and statistics to back up his probability of things going according to his plan to humble brag] Xiao Gou quietly thought to itself, never daring to speak its thoughts as it's Host honestly scares it sometimes. 

[But Host, these protagonists you speak of, they might not necessarily make these little plans because they have a choice. They might have a status that limits their actions or they might be a sadist that prefers to slowly kill their targets. You can't just generalise them as you might not even know their true motivation until later in the book or not at all. It's wrong to assume whilst not knowing all the facts] Xiao Gou reprimanded its Host, in hopes of correcting that bad thought pattern. 

Things aren't always expressed, even in literature. That's why when these protagonists have difficulties when they transmigrate into a book or even games, TV shows or movies; there are inconsistencies when the World they imagined comes to life and isn't so 2D anymore. Just reading the book, playing the game or watching the show or movie isn't enough to have an in-depth understanding of the World as many things can change due to the characteristics of the protagonist which influences the World, and the culture brought about by the World itself. These protagonists often face difficulties when they rely too heavily on the Source Material and forget that the fictitious World they now live in is real, very real. Its Host has gone through this same phase and recognised his insular thinking and actively tried to assimilate into society like it was his original World but he has started to think backwards again, using the protagonists in the books he read as a point of comparison, ultimately riding them off as foolish but still taking the same route of disaster these book characters did. As he has had no lasting issues so far, he has started to gain a bit of a God Complex, finding himself infallible. This is wrong, he is human, he makes mistakes and Xiao Gou was preparing to reveal its Host's mistakes if he doesn't snap out of this. Lei Yang lightly nodded his head at the orb, seemingly understanding it's underlying message without outwardly acknowledging it. 

"Anyway, since Lei Chu is a money grubber in this timeline, I'll make sure she is taken down by the same thing she lusts for. I don't know how she came to be like this in this timeline, perhaps due not being able to get into Sawyer Conglomerate and meet Edris. But if there was a reason I can pinpoint, it might that she thinks that money, despite her 'disadvantages' in this type of discriminatory and two-faced society, she can still be on top and be a better her than she could be without money. But honestly, what's the point in analysing why she wants something or does certain actions? She's just a fox in the guise of a human" Lei Yang stopped picking at his nails and pulled out the laptop that was partially sticking out from under the couch. 

[Host, don't dehumanise her, she has motives that steer her in a certain direction. It's by analysing her that you get a better understanding of her character and might be able to rehabilitate her or bring her back down to Earth] Xiao Gou chided. "I'm not dehumanising her, I never said that she shouldn't be analysed but because there's no point in doing so, it doesn't change the end goal. She did Lei Yang wrong, and is still scheming against him in this timeline, so I'll take her down" he emphasised the last phrase by tapping the 'Enter' key on his keyboard really hard. An email was sent to chu.9_8_1-bingmail.com from 'Benson Davies'.