The Final Show

A/N: a lots bout to go down.

lol.

—————————————————

"Harry! You will not believe the message I just got." I said, running up to him. It was the last show of tour, and everyone was bouncing with bittersweet excitement.

"What?" He asked, trying to search my beaming face for answers.

"My mom is going to be at the show!" I exclaimed. "Harry–I'm going to meet my mom!" I couldn't break the smile on my face.

His eyes widened as his face slowly turned into a huge grin. "Anna! That's amazing! We'll have to get her a backstage pass."

Harry and I told one of the crew workers the situation and he said he would work it out.

Everyone was buzzing and running around, scrambling to get ready for the show.

I had finished putting on my dress. It was black and long sleeved, laced with gold trimmings that swirled around the edges of the dress, making it look elegant on me.

I walked down the hall and overheard Harry's voice. I stopped, eavesdropping a little. "It's perfect, her mom will be backstage after the show, I think that will be the perfect time to do it."

"You don't think it's too soon?" Mitch's voice asked.

I could almost hear Harry shrugging. "I've waited eight years, Mitch. Don't you think that's long enough? I'm sure she will feel the same. And if she says no, that's fine too."

My eyes widened.

"Okay. Personally, I think she will say yes. But of course you can't blame me for being cautious, are you sure you want to do it with her mom there?"

"I think it would be a good moment to share with her mom. I've been planning on doing it tonight for a while anyway, so I might as well go through with it before I chicken out. Anyway, she's going to go on in a few minutes. I should go wish her luck."

Shoot. I quickly snuck past the door and hurried as quietly as I could to behind the stage, immediately getting my mic and everything set up, to make it look like I'd been there awhile. My head was reeling. What were they talking about? My mind jumped to the craziest question: is he going to propose?! It took me a moment to realize I had stopped breathing. "Oh my–"

"Hey, Anna."

I turned, seeing him walking towards me, making me draw in a sharp breath. He was wearing black pants, with gold lining up the sides, and a white button up shirt that was only buttoned about halfway, exposing a lot of his chest.

"Hello," I said in an awestruck voice.

He let out a small laugh, the blush creeping onto his face making him look adorable. He stopped in front of me. "I just came to wish you good luck! And to tell you to not be nervous performing at the last show in front of your mom and all of our friends."

My eyes widened. "Harry!"

He shrugged his shoulders innocently. "What?"

I scoffed. "Well I was fine, but now I'm nervous! What friends?"

"Grace and Niall are here."

I nearly screamed. "Wait, really?!" I felt the excitement bubbling up inside. I hadn't seen Grace in forever. I couldn't wait to talk to her about everything that's happened. I desperately needed girl time with her.

He chuckled slightly. "Yeah, her and Niall are in the VIP box."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. "You're absolutely fantastic, you know that, right?"