March 17 2018

Chemistry

"Hey Alex! Wait up for me!" Shea said closing her locker and running up to her best friend. They slipped hands together and walked down the halls. Swinging hands back and forth. Alex kept shoving her shoulders and Shea would always about drop her books.

"Hey guys!" Their other friend Mike joined them. He had his backpack on with a boot on his left leg. Blue striped shirt messily button up. Some point he missed a button ruining the order. Shea bit her lip at the shirt, she hated unperfect things. Alex shoved her shoulders again.

"Mike fix your shirt. Your making Shea's high pony get loose"

"It's loose? Do you think she noticed?" She sling around to be greeted by her. Blonde hair with a blue streak. High pointed nose and big elf ears. She always had her hair pinned up so you saw you 11 earrings. Shea, Alex, and Mike sighed all at once. Alex looked Shea and sadness took over.

"You really like her huh?"

"Yeah, she's like perfect"

"How?"

"So, you know how you see someone so amazing and checks so many things off your list and because they are so imperfect you just fall so deeply in love with them? That's how, she has every perfection in the book. She's even been arrested. Abused-"

"I think she went to actual prison. With other women. Don't get jealous Shea" Mike said shoving her. The 3 walked to class. Sitting in the back with their bean bag chairs and and got their laptops out. Shea started typing her creative writing report. Alex played music so loud in her earbuds make and Shea bobbed along. Mike was showing Shea something gross.

"Shea look" Alex said to Shea. She looked over and saw her. She was getting frustrated over her computer freezing up. Shea sprang up and ran over.

"Here let me help, this laptops sometime freeze due to shared viruses. Some weirdo jacks off in the janitor closet during 4th period. It's not your fault it's his....hand's?" She laughed. Shea froze, her laugh was like a child's. Full of freedom and sunshine. Like a meadow with a slight breeze. Shea imagined her and the girl sitting in a meadow. Sunflowers surrounded them. A basket sitting in the middle of them. The daydream was cut short by her."Hey do you wanna be lab partners? You're in my chemistry class right? We have chemistry they will all say" Shea didn't laugh. Instead she smiled and nodded. Chemistry. "They have chemistry" they'll say.