1

"Wilks, focus!" My boss, Eddie, snapped his fingers in front of my face and I flinch. Cursing as I grab a towel to mop up the vodka that I'd run all over the newly polished bar during my day dream.
"So sorry, Ed!" I crouch to clean up the vodka puddle at my feet. Tutting he poured the man I was serving a shot and took his money. Giving him his change before slamming the till shut and crossing his tattooed arms. "What is going on in that little head of yours, Vi?"
Standing I shake my long red curls. Brushing down my uniform. Eddie had simple tastes. Black shirt, black skirt with a short, white pinafore. Classy really.
"I'm sorry, it's my last year and I've been so stressed..."
He held up his hand to stop me. Nodding. His blonde curls swaying a little. His lips quirked up in amusement at my apparent distress and I blush. He was gorgeous when he smiled. Which wasn't often. Like Christmas. As soon as Eddie smiled the entire bar lit up. Which was small, a little grim and was located so deeply in gang territory he had to escort me to my car after every shift. Which included, on the way, a long lecture about getting a job closer to home and my safety. Then I would reply with a long counter argument about how I loved my job and the adrenaline rush which I got whenever I stepped foot inside the neighbourhood. That would lead to a huge sigh from Eddie as he'd opened my car door for me with a mumble I could never seem to make out.

"Vi, it's fine. I'm just concerned." He runs his hand through his hair and I think my cheeks turn crimson as I watch his tattooed arm flex and relax. Then avert my gaze to my feet before he notices. "You're a good girl. If you need anything you know who to call." Taking my chin between his thumb and finger he lifts my chin and smiles. His white teeth glistening in the bar lights. "Keep your chin up, sweetheart. Once the year is over its all down hill from there."
I smile. Shaking my head. "Thanks for that, Ed."
He laughs. A loud, rumble of a chuckle that softened his hard features. "Anytime, doll-face." He slides himself over the bar like a champion gymnast and wanders off with a: "I'll be in the back."

I roll my shoulders and shake my head. Trying to get myself out of my sudden funk. I had a lot in my head. Classes, papers to be written, future job prospects. Just too much all at once like a tornado storming towards me. Backing me into a corner. Confusing and overwhelming me all at once. What was I supposed to do after graduation? Work? Study? Travel? Not that I had the money to, but still. It was an option.
I hadn't been in little-space for so long that I almost felt...normal? Is that the right word? What was normal anyway? No such thing as 'normal'.
I begin clearing glasses into the washer. My thoughts rambling and jumbling as I place each glass in the rack.

...I don't understand. Last night I'd dressed up, watched Little Mermaid, eaten some chocolate with my stuffy and still! Nothing. What was happening to me? Was I ill? Was I no longer a little? If not what does that make me? A regular submissive?...

"Hey! Service here!"

I jump. Spinning around, clutching at my heart. "Jesus!"
"No!" He's nowhere near this neighbourhood, little girl."
There it is. The fluttering in my stomach. The sudden, gradual switch from big to little. My mind turns to mush and my legs turn to jelly as I stand shyly twisting a cloth in my hands. Blushing as I absorb the man before me. Sitting on a stool across the bar from me. Dark hair is short and spiked into a messy cow lick, his dark eyes exploring my blushing face. His build was broad but slim, his arms covered in tattoos that peeped out from his black vest and sleeveless leather jacket. His smile somewhat mocking as he watched me. "Are you the bartender or one of those living statue people from town?" His voice was gruff but soft.

"I'm Violet." Was all I could manage. If I moved or said more I would give the game away. At that moment I was in full little mode and I was trying desperately to not show it. Crossing his arms he leans on the bar. His gaze never leaving my burning face. "Well, hello there Violet."
I smile shyly, moving my eyes from his to the floor. Placing the cloth on the bar to stop myself fidgeting. "Can...can I get you a drink....Sir?"
"Alex, and I'd like a orange juice please...Violet." He smirks as he says my name. Nodding, I take out a glass and pour him his drink. Placing it before him. "Orange juice?" I stutter. He grins, taking a sip. "I'm fighting tonight. Can't drink alcohol."
I frown. As far as I knew Eddie had a no fighting policy. "Where at?" I move a piece of my red hair behind my ear. He watches my fingers carefully. Evaluating their movements almost. He takes another sip of orange juice. "Down the road. Billy's place."
Oh yeah. I'd heard of Billy's. Eddie played cards down there sometimes. It was as rough as it got. I can't remember how many times I'd had to patch Eddie up after a fight over losing a card game. I'll give Eddie that, he always went down swinging.
"Be careful." I mutter. He looks a little taken aback. Surprised even that anyone would suggest such a thing to him. Specially a stranger. He grins gulping down the rest of his juice, handing over the money. "Always. Night, Violet."
Then he was gone. Leaving my nerves and hormones in tatters.