20

I must've fallen asleep. As I woke my pulse throbbed in my wrists. Begging for mercy as the plastic restraints bit viciously into my skin. Shacks was still there at the door, watching me. His arms folded over his chest and a scowl furrowing his large forehead. A little sweat glistening under the heat of the cheap LED lights of Billy's office.
"Don't you have anything better to do?" I taunt. Flexing my fingers to get the blood flowing. "It's not like I'm going anywhere."
No answer. Just a huff and a low growl.

I wondered if Alex had got Billy's money yet, or if he'd hauled tailed it out of town to the safety of his own cowardice. Surely not. He wouldn't would he?
Stop it.
My brain was right. Alex was no coward. He would come get me, drive me back to his and we'd make love in candlelight. My brain rolled its eyes at me.
Wow. Get your head out the gutter and think.
True, not getting myself killed should be my focus right now. Not Alex's little booty.

Taking a quick scan of myself, I seemed to be in one piece. No sawn off limbs or anything. Someone had patched my leg up while I was passed out so that would help the situation some.
Can you run?
"Should I run?" I whisper to myself.
Probably not. This guy could split you in half with his bare hands.
Maybe not then. Only other option was to wait and pray that Alex cared enough to get me.
He does.
Thats why he took off when I said three little words, because he cares so much and not terrified at all. I was beginning to wonder if getting involved with him had been entirely worth it. No matter how great the man was, he had issues.
Say's the girl who talks out loud to herself.
"Shush."
Point proven.
"Instead of mocking me maybe you could do something helpful." I say between gritted teeth.
Like?
"Getting me the fuck out of here."
Vicious laughter rang in my head, causing me to cringe and flinch. Well, that answered that. My brain wasn't going to help.
"After all this I'm going to need a therapist." I mumble. Looking around the room for anything that could be useful to cut the plastic on my wrists. So far, nothing. Then I realised that the chair I sat on was wooden. Grinning, I force myself onto my feet and jump backwards, with a little prayer to Jesus that I don't stake myself and turn to dust like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
You're not even a vampire.
Sliding my hands off the broken chair arms, I untangle my wrists from the plastic and toss it aside. "Maybe if I was I wouldn't be here right now." I pant, groaning as I get to my feet. Then I peek up. Coming nose to chest with Shacks.
"You been bad!" He roars down at me as I nurse my poor wrists.
"Come on big feller." I stutter. Taking a step back and readying myself for a huge amount of pain. "It hurt!"
"You been so bad!"
I raise my hands in surrender. Giving him a little smile to try to show I meant no harm. "I'm not going anywhere." I shake my head to make my point. "Just needed some freedom."

His hand wraps around my neck and I squeal as he slams me backwards into the wall and gradually raises me off my feet that start to thrash in panic. Gasping I claw at his wrist. Good going. Job well done, girl.

"What is happening!" Billy yelled from the doorway behind Shacks. Shacks drops me and I fall to my knees, gasping for air. "I can't hear myself think!"
Shacks pointed at me and stepped aside. "She been bad, boss."
Billy looked from Shacks to me. Absorbing the chaotic scene of me on the floor and his chair broken in pieces. Licking his lips he approached me. Sighing deeply as I meet his gaze. "So troublesome."
"They were too tight." I gasp. Throwing the plastic bits of the restraints to his feet.
"You could've simply of asked." He frowns. "Did we need all this unpleasantness?" Grabbing my shirt with both hands he pulls me roughly to my feet. Adjusting my hair and smoothing down my bloody clothing. His hands scraped over my curves and I nearly gagged. But, somehow, I managed to keep my cool.
"Well, I guess I'll be needing a new chair." He mumbles, then peers over his shoulder at Shacks. "Bring her."