3

I belt forward, dodging the giant's arms as he reaches for me and haul arse to the mesh opposite. Jumping up and climbing as quickly as I could. Kicking my feet out at his hands as he tries to grab my ankles to pull me back down. "Fuck off!" I scream as he roars at me.

"Violet?" I hear my name and turn to see Alex on the other side of the mesh all ready for his fight. His hands wrapped in white tape, bare-chested and wearing black shorts. Looking horrified. In seconds I'm pulled back down onto the matt on my back. My scream cut short as air leaves my lungs. Clutching my stomach I groan, rolling around to get to my knees. Seeing Alex shaking the mesh, like an insane man desperate to escape his prison. He's saying something to me but I can't hear him. My mind had turned to fog with the lack of oxygen.

I'm dragged by my hair to my feet. I reach up, wrapping my hands around his wrist as he lifts his knee up into my stomach. I groan, falling back down to my knees. I close my eyes, feeling my body beginning to give in to the pain. Not the night I had planned. The original plan was: watch Alex fight, buy him a drink and maybe make out in my car. So far, it had all gone tits up. Eddie was right. I shouldn't have got involved.

Suddenly, I'm grabbed again. This time hauled up into someone's arms. Gasping and moaning in pain as I'm taken out and away from the cage. I bury my face into the neck of my saviour and try not to pass out. Focusing on the manly smell of pine and earth. I breathe it in deeply. Finding it soothing. The pain in my stomach fading just a little bit. Allowing me some time to relax. I hear voices yelling and the vibration from my saviour's throat as he speaks gives me comfort. It'll be okay. I'll be okay.

I'm placed in a chair somewhere dark and I flinch as a cold cloth is applied to my cheek. "Hold this, Vi." Eddie? I simply nod. My eyes too heavy to open. I hear heavy footsteps, a door closes and voices begin to roar.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" I'd know that angry tone anywhere. That was definitely Eddie.

"I didn't invite her or take her there! She just fuckin' showed up!" Now, that voice was familiar. Curious, I tried to blink. Nothing. I sigh. I forced my eyes open. Looking like a startled rabbit for a moment before relaxing my eyes to something a little more normal.

Eddie's office. I was definitely back at the bar. I looked at the clock that sat covered in dust, unloved, in the corner. Three in the morning.
Sweet baby Jesus.
I get to my feet. Holding my belly as I approach the door. Voices getting louder as I opened the door and stepped out into the bar. Placing the cloth down on the end of the bar I wait and watch the pair of men arguing. Eddie and Alex stood at either side of the bar. Eddie telling Alex how idiotic he is while Alex shouted something back about his money problems.

"My debts don't involve you or Vi." Eddie roars.

"Well, they did tonight! Violet could've got herself killed and all she did was mention your fuckin name!" Alex slid on his jacket over his bare torso. Still in his fighting gear. My small, naked feet slapped against the cobbled floor. I look down at my feet and frown. "Where did my shoes go?"

They both paused as they saw me limping about like an old drunk man. The pair looked at each other. Sizing each other up to see who would back down first so the other could assist me. I didn't care. I needed a vodka and a bar of chocolate. Alex was the first to move. Storming over, picking me up into his arms. Grinning as I squeal in surprise, then gently placing me on a bar stool. Standing behind me for me to lean back against so I didn't fall. Leaning my head back against his chest I peer up at him and giggle. "Hi, sexy." He raises his brows and smirks. Chuckling as he looks down at me. "Hi there, Princess."

"Brilliant fight" I grin, swaying a little as my head begins to feel heavy again. "world class."

"Are you alright?" Eddie frowns. Watching me. I grin at him and give him a thumbs up as my other hand stays laid across my throbbing stomach. "Fuckin A." They exchange a look. A mixture of amusement and worry. Then, the vomit rises and I hurl noisily across the bar. Soaking Eddie's shoes. "Fucking hell!"

"I think you need a doctor, Violet." Alex grabs a clean cloth and wipes my face. My watery blue eyes watching his face as he concentrates. His hazel eyes focused and dark. "What were you thinking, silly girl?" He kisses my nose. I blush. He grins. It was awkward and yet it felt so right. I wanted his kisses forever.

"I wanted to see your fight."

"No, Princess. What I do is not for innocent eyes." He kisses my bruised undereye gently. I couldn't help myself, I reach out and run my fingertips over the spikes of his dark hair. I smile. Then turn crimson as I see him watching me. Removing my hands and sitting on them. He smiles, taking my hand in his and leading it back into his hair. "Don't be so shy, little one. I won't hurt you."

"Oh?" Eddie barked. "Look at her!" He points to me. Alex stands and sighs. His hand sliding down over his face. "She looks fucking messed up to me! She's...she's...drunk!"
I shake my head, sliding off the stool to my feet. "No. I had one drink. Not even that."

"Sweetcheeks, you might have a concussion," he says slowly to me. "You're not acting yourself." I blink up at Alex and he looks down at me. Then stands between me and Eddie. I couldn't see his face but from the look of Eddie's it was clear whatever was going on it was threatening. "One, don't ever call her that again and two, she's perfect. There's nothing fucking wrong with her. Understood?"

If I was in my right mind. Which I clearly wasn't. I might've told them both to get lost and leave me alone but, being injured and in little space, I found the sudden turn of events flattering. I slide my hand into Alex's and he gives me a little squeeze. Reassuring me. It had only been a few hours but I felt so comfortable with him already. I didn't know what was going on. But, I liked it.