25

I was helping Ashlyn and the others clean up the bar when arms snaked around my waist and held me. Jumping in surprise, dropping the brush to the floor, I spin around only to knock Alex in the face with arm. "Oh god!"
He stumbles back, rubbing his chin as he grins at me. "Relax, firecracker." Horrified I'd done some damage I examine him. Moving his face side to side as I stutter out my rushed apologise. "I'm so sorry."

Laughing he takes my hand and kisses it. "I'm fine, Angel." Pulling me into his arms he kisses my forehead where a bruise now blackened my milky skin. "What were you thinking?" He shakes his head. "Head butting him!"
"Would you have rather I let him touch me!"
"No!"
"Then there you go!"
Smirking, he kisses me. A soft, delicate kiss eager to seduce before his mouth devours mine. His body pressing harder into me. Too soon he pulls away leaving me a melting mess of female hormones. "Did he touch you before I got here?"
"Yes, but nothing I couldn't handle."
"So I saw." His grin widens. "You're constantly a surprise to me."
"What do you mean?" Puzzled, I meet his gaze. My hands resting on his shoulders. His hands slid up my sides to my cheeks. "When I met you, you were this little, innocent, blushing flower that wouldn't look me in the eye." He closes his eyes and moves his rough cheeks over mine gently. His hands tangling in my hair. "Now." He exhales. "You're a little firecracker. Goes off in your face if you get too close."
I couldn't help but laugh at the analogy. He smiles down at me. Taking my hand and leading me away from the group.

I felt bad about leaving Ashlyn to do all the dirty corpse lifting but as Alex smiled over his shoulder at me I felt myself drift into heaven. Leading me to the back of the building and into the alleyway, out of earshot, he bit his lip nervously. His hand beginning to sweat in mine. "I want to run the bar." He pauses as he sees the confusion on my face. "I want to run the bar and I want you to run it with me."
"What about all he dead bodies in there?" I squeak. "Aren't we about to go the jail for all this?"

I had to admit it had been at the back of my mind since I'd sent the first bullet into the air. That itch I couldn't scratch. We'd killed people. Isn't that the end of our lives? Aren't we jail bound?
"No." Caressing my blushing cheek with the back of his knuckles, he tries to soothe me. "Angel, no one comes to this town. They know it's gang country and everything is handled within. They've lost far too many officers to even think of chancing a raid."

So, we're the law here?

My brain concluded. I had to tell someone about this at some point.
About what?
"About you talking to me like you're a separate person!" I snap. Then I saw Alex's face. Which was confused, alarmed and concerned. "Angel, what's happening?"
Blushing, my chest heaves as I try to get breath back into my lungs. "I..."
"Tell me." He comes closer, his eyes searching my face. His hands resting on my hips.
Don't. He'll freak.
"Since the cage fight, I've had another voice in my head." I begin to ramble. His face stern. He doesn't say anything til I've finished talking. I told him everything. Every single discussion me and my brain had since. Once I'd done I keep quiet and hope he doesn't run off for his gun to put me down like a rabid dog.
"You have another person in your head."
"Yes, Daddy."
"Alright, that's fine baby girl." Pulling me back into his arms he holds me close. "Don't worry, Angel. I'm here and we will think of something."

Being in his arms was so calming, so reassuring. I knew that with him I'd be safe and happy. I felt complete. I was content in his arms as he played with my hair. Tangling his fingers in the long, fiery locks that belonged to my mother. We'll be fine.
I nod silently in reply. We would. We had Alex.

"I don't know what I would've done if I'd lost you." I hear him mumble into my hair. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner."
"You're here now." I smile up at him. "You saved my life."
Exhaling he takes my face into his cold hands and kisses me. A scorching kiss with a hidden promise. A promise of things to come later when we were home and alone. "No." He smiles against my lips. "It was you who saved me, Angel." He moves to meet my blue eyes. "I love you, Violet. I'm sorry I didn't say it be~"
"I love you too." Hopping up I wrap myself around him. His hands holding my thighs as he smothers me in kisses that made me dizzy.

"Can you two stop canoodling for two fucking minutes and help with this shit pile in here!" Eddie poked his head out of the back door and yelled. Grinning, Alex takes my hand and leads me inside.