4

We stayed at Eddie's. Much to Eddie's distaste. He wasn't fond of guests. Once his mother came to stay and she was back at the station waiting for a bus with her luggage before she even got a cup of tea. He never went into details, but, as far as I could tell, they didn't get on and he seemed perfectly fine with that.

Standing inside Eddie's bedroom I bite my lip as I blush. Ignoring the dirty socks and underwear scattered about the soiled, red carpet and the pile of porn magazines beside his bed. Ready and waiting.
Closing the curtains I turn as a low toned cough sounded behind me. It was Eddie. Holding a long, black vest out to me. Looking a little sheepish. Not used to female company in his private quarters. Correction: civilised female company.

"Thanks." I mumble, taking the vest and blushing. Trying to keep my little space from shining through. But, it was so hard. His large form and broad shoulders was making me feel even smaller as he gives me a radiant smile. "You're looking a lot better, Vi. I was so scared you wouldn't wake up when you got here." He slips his hands into his pockets. "Nearly hit the bastard in the face for daring to touch ya'."
I blush. Lowering my gaze to his feet. Trying to ignore the sudden tension that had arisen in the close proximity of his bedroom. It was too intimate for my liking. "There's no need, Ed. I'm fine. Sore, a little bruised but I'm good."

He nods. Watching me. Silence. I feel his eyes burning my face with the intensity of his gaze and I look up. "Thanks for the vest." I shoot. Trying to gain back a bit of normality. Grinning he gives me a salute and reluctantly exits with a "Night, Doll."

Making sure the door was closed I quickly undress. Unhooking my bra and tossing it aside as I slip the vest over my head and pull it down. It swallowed me whole. Hanging just above my knees. The arm holes just barely keeping my full breasts from popping out.  After taking off my skirt I climb into Eddie's double bed and stare up at the poster of the beauty of Scarlet Johansson. Full, red lips. Long lashes and perfectly curled hair. Eddie had good taste. She was a beautiful woman. Made me wonder what kind of woman would capture his heart in the real world. She would have to be okay with his work patterns, noisy eating habits and his terribly crude language. On the other hand she would be incredibly lucky too! He was sweet, respectful and protective.

I smile to myself, picturing Eddie with a little wife and about five rebellious kids. Pulling on his hair and puking on his shirts. I giggle. Turning on my side. Suddenly feeling the draft of the empty side of the bed. The gap between me and the edge seemed gigantic. Scary even. Pulling the sheets up to my nose my eyes shoot around the room. Taking in every scary image on the walls and the creepy looks on Eddie's collectable figurines. Whining, I try to stop myself from calling out by hiding under the sheets. My little-ness going from five to one hundred in seconds the more the anxiety took hold. My body heaves and I hold back a sob.

No, no, no, I won't. I won't scream.

I squeeze my eyes closed and release the scream I was holding tightly in my throat. My vocal chords shaking in relief. Seconds pass then Alex's voice roars from the top of the stairs before he bursts into the room. "Violet!"
I pull the sheet aside and kneel up on the bed as I cry. My body still throbbing from the pain of the beating but I didn't care. I needed him to hold me. For some reason, I needed him to make everything better. Standing, I open my arms and as he takes me into his I wrap my arms and legs around him. Letting him hold me tightly against him and my body relaxes. Tears soaking his jacket as I cry into his neck. "It's okay, Princess. I'm here." The rumble of his voice soothing the pain, confusion and horror of the night away. He smells my hair. Stroking my back gently with his hand as he carries me back to the bed. He sits then lays down with me still in his arms. Holding me til I can't cry anymore and I feel myself dozing. Strong fingers running through my long hair. 

"What's wrong, Violet?" His voice is just a whisper. The warmth of his body relieving my aching muscles.  I peek up at him. Blinking the tears away. Examining his calm, worried gaze as his eyes explored my face. Trying to work out what was happening in my head.
"I..got scared. I'm all alone and hurt." My voice breaks and I sob. Shivering as his fingers caress the softness of my rosy cheek. "I can't sleep."

"I'll stay with you."
"You will?" I sniff.
He nods. Sitting up for a moment to take off his leather jacket and getting into bed. Pulling the sheets up over us then taking me back into his arms. His hard, bare chest pressed to mine. Only protected by the thin layer of my vest.
"No one will touch you, baby girl. I promise." He kisses my forehead and I feel loopy. Misty headed, as though I was floating.

"Vi?" Eddie called as he burst through the door making us both flinch. I gathered the sheets and pulled them to my chest as Alex moved to sit in front of me. Keeping me out of Eddie's line of sight. "She's fine." He stated. "Just in shock. I said I'd stay with her..."
"In the same bed?" Eddie glared at him. "In my bed!"
"Please Eddie. I don't want to be alone." I blush. Understanding how this might look but also wanting Alex to be close. With him I'd never felt safer. Eddie's face softened and he sighed. Torn. Shaking his head he left. Closing the door behind him, muttering something about becoming a 'soft touch.'