1

It hurt.
The deep, sweltering burns singed (y/n)'s skin. It burnt her hair, it melted her soul.
She was terrified of the fire, of the man that stood in front of her. His menacing glare only made the flames that emitted from his body seem more terrifying,
How could one man be so destructive, so cruel?
He was supposed to be a hero.
Wasn't he?
Another angered flame surged towards her...

~

(Y/n) shot up, her lungs gasping for breath as she regained consciousness suddenly. She scanned the area in alarm, and let out a frantic sigh as she pushed her hair out of her face. She wasn't there anymore, she knew she wasn't in danger. But the feelings of terror she felt were still there. No matter how far away she went from home, she wouldn't be able to get away from it all. She let out an anguished sigh.
A tired huff filled the air, and the girl looked over to the source. Her brother shifted in his sleep, sitting up from his position on the floor after a moment.
"God, (n/n).. What time is it...?" He groaned as he looked around in the dark.
The girl shook her head. She frantically wiped her face and transformed her expression to one of monotony, looking away slightly so she could blink away her anguish in secret. "It's Late.. sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up.." she muttered.
Her brother let out a low hum, squinting in the darkness at the girl. Some long forgotten part of him knew what was going on in the current situation, but it had no impact on his actions. He laid back down in a sense of exasperation.
"Go back to bed then.." he said tiredly, his scared arm raised to cover his face.
The girl bit her cheek.
Her chest felt tight, though this was a usual state. She wanted so badly to feel upset, to express herself, to seek solace in her brother's presence. But she couldn't.
Things had changed.

"I'm actually... gonna go take a walk..." (y/n) sighed after a few minutes of silence. She pushed herself up from the floor, and made her slow pace out of the room. Her brother gave a low grunt of acknowledgement as she left.

~

The air was a bit cold, and despite her quirk, (y/n) was extremely sensitive to that. She shivered a bit to herself as she walked within the alleyways of Chiba city. Her thumb grazed against her cheek to wipe off a layer of frost.
She wouldn't say that she was just a part of something illegal, but she wouldn't deny the fact either. She needed to live didn't she? There had to have been reasoning behind her actions.
Usually, there was.

"It's funny I still see you around." A voice called out from behind the girl. She slowed her pace, but hadn't yet come to a stop.
"But you know what I don't see..?" The male asked behind her. At this point she had stopped, her cold glare pierced into the man's eyes.
"My money." He demanded.
(Y/n) scoffed.
"You know how business goes around here, don't you pretty lady?" The male asked lowly. He made his slow approach towards the girl, but she stood her ground. The large difference in their height did nothing to phase her.
"You'll get your damned money at the end of the deadline, how many times do we need to argue about this." (Y/n) said coldly.
The man clicked his tongue. He stepped even closer, physically forcing the girl to move back this time. "You really like testing my patience, you and that boy..." he said menacingly, "sadly money flows differently down here than it does in the real world.. so I've Actually come to terminate our agreement." He said.
"Along with collecting my dues."
The air was frozen, suffocating as the man towered over the girl. She clenched her fists, staring into his eyes. A smirk grew into his face, he raised his hand.