11

Days had gone by, the league had dispersed just a bit as those who actually had a place to stay decided to go there. Twice went; Toga left too, though in actuality she probably left with nowhere to go just for the hell of it. Compress had more leniency out in the open as well since he had always been masked. But for the others, the warehouse was their temporary home.
It had no electricity, but luckily it had water. It was mostly empty besides a few containers and crates, so everyone had to utilize those to make the place actually habitable. Some of the villains would go out, but (N/n) and Shigaraki in particular never left the area.
Shigaraki had good reason.
However, (n/n)... her situation confused the other villains.
She wasn't really acting herself as much.

"Twice.." the girl called. As of now, Twice was one of the only villains present in the warehouse.
He perked up as he was called.
"Can I see that newspaper when you're done?" She asked him, her voice duller than usual. They had no real output of news now except for word of mouth and what they picked up on the streets, so a newspaper would end up being very valuable.
"Yeah, sure." The man said. He didn't even contradict himself. He thought about reading it for a moment longer and then giving it to her, but she seemed down. He was worried in a sense.
He got up and walked over to her, handing her the paper and sitting down a few feet away.
She paused for a moment, before giving out a sigh.
"Thanks..."

The gray paper felt cold in her hands, gritty as she turned the pages to the front. Big letters bolded the paper. 'Pro Hero Endeavor rises to No.1'
She could feel herself getting colder. She set the paper on the floor immediately, her hands shaking. She didn't want to read that.
'He... he actually made it...' she thought in disbelief. She didn't know how to feel. Was she supposed to be mad?

A hand touched her shoulder, she jolted.

"Hey..."
It was twice. His face showed concern. Damn his sympathy. He could clearly see her expression.
She looked and felt nothing but fear and remorse.
"Are you gonna be alright?" Twice asked. "You look peachy-keen"
(N/n) didn't say anything. She pushed the newspaper away with her foot, closing her eyes to try and control her emotion.
That seemed to give a hint to twice.
He took the news paper away.
But she stopped him.
"No, wait..." she mumbled. She sat up slightly, and sighed, gaining her composure. She took the newspaper back, folding it in half. She spoke while doing it, "I'm fine I'm just.... shocked.." she set the newspaper to the side. "... Allmight can't be a hero anymore... I'm shocked.. we technically did what we wanted.." she lied.
Twice just watched her for a moment.
She still seemed dull, drained.
But he wouldn't bother her about it, he respected her privacy.
So instead, he sat there next to her.
Until his phone began to go off.

(N/n) felt herself tense at the sound. She hadn't been outside in a while. She looked over to twice, and watched as he fumbled for his phone, squinting as he read the screen.
He got up, seemingly concerned. Maybe it was something from his personal life.
He frantically put his phone away, and stood for a moment. He looked towards (n/n), and to the door. The girl tilted her head.
He approached her.
"Hey." He called, something about his expression seemed oddly careful to her. "I gotta go.. but I just wanted to say.. if you, need something, or someone to talk to, or a place to go that isn't this dump.. you can always come to my place- sit here and mope forever girlie~"
The girl sat up a bit, ignoring the second part of the man's statement, "..what?"
"Oh-! Uh-" he seemed suddenly frantic. "Date me won't cha- I mean- I wasn't trying to say anything by that, I just mean.." he scratched the back of his neck. He seemed to be trying really hard not to split his train of thought so much. "You're kinda like family you know..? The league. I don't want anyone to feel alone.."
(N/n) was silent. At least he got that last part out clearly.
"Never mind- I don't know what I'm saying-"
"No, twice-" she cut him off. He looked at her, awkwardly. She leaned back against the wall with a sight. "It's alright.. thanks, actually.." she said. "That's the nicest things someone's said to me in a while."
The male calmed a bit.
And then his phone went off again. This time he was the one who flinched.
(N/n) smirked.
"You should probably deal with whatever it is that's so important." She said.
"Yeah," Twice nodded, "right." He made sure he had all his things, and started for the door. "What? I've got no plans!"
"Twice." (N/n) stopped him. He looked back at her.