9

Todoroki Shoto couldn't sleep at all. Those with injuries from the training camp had been sent to the hospital, and everyone else was sent home. He was received with cries and embraces from his sister Fuyumi and is brother Natsuo. Apparently the ordeal had already made the news.
He couldn't concentrate on anything. He walked past his siblings without saying barely anything.

"Better luck next time, little hero."

The words were stuck in his head. The image as well. Something had clicked in his mind, but he didn't know what it was. He just felt confused, distraught.
He laid in his room thinking about it. He couldn't keep his thoughts away.

"Better luck next time, little hero."

The female's icy cold glare seemed fake. Her face was apathetic, but her eyes seemed unsure to him.
Shoto couldn't stop reliving that moment.

"Better luck next time, little hero"

Why did that feel so personal?
Why.. did it confuse him so much..?

~

It had been hours since the villains had returned to the bar. Bakugou was still compressed. The villains were torn on whether or not to release him just yet.
They had decided to wait.

(N/n) and Dabi sat together on the couch. She cooled his burns for a moment, and then tended to the others, before resting her head against Dabi's chest. He didn't do anything to comfort her, but letting her lay there was more than enough.
"Don't think about the kid..." he whispered, half to himself but mostly for (N/n) to hear. They had both seen him. He was safe, he was okay. There was no need to think past that.
"It's hard not to..." (N/n) sighed.
Dabi didn't say anything.

"Compress, Where's the boy." Shigaraki called through the bar. The male held up the marble containing Bakugou, and tossed it into the air. He released his hold on the boy with his quirk, the blonde fell to the ground, disoriented.
"Restrain him before he gets a grip." The blue-haired male ordered. Twice stood up, and so did Dabi. Bakugou didn't even get a chance to fight before being tied back.
He jerked against the restraints. His mouth was covered by a steel muzzle.
(N/n) bit her lip, looking away. She couldn't help but think of Shoto.
The blonde continued to thrash.
Shigaraki growled, pushing himself up from the barstool. (N/n) suddenly shot up, and touched his arm, stopping him. "You're not going to be able to do anything when he's resisting like that" she warned. "Let him calm down."
The male glared at her.
Surprisingly, he listened.
With a wave of his hand, he told the others to also stand down. They all obeyed, and sat around the bar.
Maybe converting this kid to a villain wouldn't be that easy.

~

Shoto's breathing grew heavy, he couldn't believe what he was doing. It was all over the news. The heroes had broken into the villain's hideout, but they failed to save Bakugou before he was relocated. However it just so happened, that Shoto and his friends had found that exact relocation spot.
The only thing between him and Bakugou right now, was a cracked stone wall.
That, and the most dangerous villain of all time.
He couldn't move.
He couldn't breathe.
He had never been this scared. This powerless.

He and his friends were staring at death itself.

What were they supposed to do?
They could hear Allmight, the most powerful hero, on the other side, holding back the villains.
Bakugou was most likely still restrained by the league. They needed to get him out of there. Allmight couldn't fight his hardest while they were in the way.
They had to get away.
They needed to.

~

A few U-A students suddenly appeared from behind a wall. Those of the league of villains were shocked, battered and bruised. The students combined their quirks, launching themselves past the villains to escape, and one of them reached out.
"Bakugou!"
Shigaraki's eyes widened.
The blonde student created a large explosion, launching himself forwards to his friends and breaking free of the villain's grasps.
"Stop them!" Shigaraki yelled.
It was a frantic panic to stop their escape that only ended in failure.
Compress, magne, Twice, Dabi, (N/n). They had all failed.
Shigaraki looked to them all in disbelief.
He looked to his master, All for One, his eyes pleading for help.
The notorious villain lowered his head.
"I'm sorry, Tomura..."
One of kurogiri's portals opened, despite said villain being out of commission. All for One had activated his quirk.
"I'm turning over my duty to you.."

"Wait."

All for One activated another quirk, all of the league was drawn towards the portal.

"Wait!"

Everything was falling apart. Shigaraki tried desperately to fight his master's force. He couldn't leave him behind.
But he was forced to.

"No!!"

The portal closed. The league of villains had escaped.

_______________________________
??? Is it working? Am I doing it right? Here's another chapter on the house~