Chapter 15

In Kagami's dream, she was standing right in front of her father. She had her head down since she felt like she couldn't look at him in the eye. "Father... Why didn't you tell me?"

Her father closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. "I can't tell you, Kagami. You're too young to understand why I had to keep it hidden."

"I would understand if you just tell me... I want to know why-"

"Silence!" Her father's sudden yelling made her eat her words, her body trembling a little. "You won't be able to understand even if I told you. Your naïve mind would get the wrong idea."

Kagami's hands balled up into fists. "Very well, father. I won't ask anymore. If that is your wish..." The news she heard was eating her up inside, as much as she would want to know the truth. It felt like it would be a while, but she was determined to find out herself if her father wouldn't tell her.

Kagami's eyes slowly opened as the morning light blinded her vision. She felt something warm around her, almost like someone was hugging her. She looked down to see a pair of strong arms were tightly wrapped around her. Sidon, who was still sound asleep, had his arms wrapped around her body like she was a stuffed animal. As she realized this, Kagami began to blush, slowly trying to unwrap his arms around her. It was no use, every time she tried to get out, his arms wouldn't budge. Still not giving up, she was trying her best to struggle out of his grasp.

Feeling movement, Sidon slowly opening his eyes, unaware what he was doing as he was still half asleep. "Kagami..?" As he was waking up more, he realized that he was embracing her so boldly. Surprised, he quickly unwrapped his arms around her and got up. "Oh my... I'm terribly sorry! I didn't know I was doing that!"

"It took me by surprise as well..."

"Don't tell me I was like that for a while..."

"I can't tell. I've only just woken up recently."

"I was the one who said I would give you space while sleeping, but I did that..." Sidon looked embarrassed about what he did that she couldn't help but feel bad. Looking at Kagami, he knew that something else was troubling her. "What's the matter?"

Kagami felt herself tense up. "I still can't quite process that I was supposed to be the rightful princess of my village. But what's really bothering me is that no one ever told me. I just find it... Strange."

"It is strange since I have never seen you react like that before." Sidon then gave her a little smile. "I believe that you will find the answer soon enough, princess."

Being called by that name felt really strange to her ears. Kagami crossed her arms, looking down. "I do not wish to be called that for I have not been raised as one. Despite what we found out, it does not make me a different person before finding out."

Noticing that this is the first time Kagami's demeanor was different, he was lost for words. "I understand. You're right, you're the same Kagami as before despite the news we discovered yesterday."

Kagami cleared her throat to end the awkward but sweet conversation. "Let's get ready for the day, shall we?" Sidon nodded in agreement, not wasting any more time to fulfill their objective for the day.

As soon as the two stepped out, they were soon met by Paya. Paya's expression turned bright as she held Kagami's hands. "Kagami! Can I ask you a tiny favor?"

Kagami blinked in surprise. "What is it?"

"Remember when I mentioned you look exactly like Empress Shizuka? I was wondering if I could give you a makeover." Paya was giving her puppy dog eyes, waiting for an answer.