Chapter 59

About four years later, a young Hylian boy with black hair and brown eyes was playing with the Zora children who were clearly older than him. He had a big smile on his face as he ran around the statue.

From a distance nearby the stairs, Kagami was watching her son interacting with the Zora children. As she was watching him, she saw that he tripped and started to tear up.

   Obviously worried, Kagami rushed over to him, helping him up. She squatted down to his level, looking at him with concern. "Hayate, are you alright?"

Little Hayate sniffed as his eyes were watery. "I have a boo boo on my arm..." He was trying so hard not to cry as he felt pain on his arm.

Kagami softly smiled as she started taking out a small first aid kit from her satchel. "Let me see your injury, Hayate. Mother will make it better." Hayate nodded as Kagami started to clean his wound with a cotton ball. When she was done cleaning it, she wrapped a bandage around it. "There. You're all better, Hayate."

Hayate looked at her with his big eyes. "Can mother kiss it better too?" Kagami couldn't help but smile, and couldn't say no to that face as she gave the bandage around his arm a little peck. Hayate's eyes sparkled as he smiled big. "Now I know it will definitely get better!"

Kagami smiled fondly at him as she heard a familiar voice behind her. "You should really be more careful, Hayate." She turned around to see Sidon with a worried expression on his face.

Kagami stood back up, looking at Sidon. "He's alright now, Sidon."

Sidon smiled at Kagami as he pulled her close to him. "He may be alright now, but who knows when the next time he will fall." He chuckled at the thought, discarding it afterwards.

The two of them were smiling as Hayate's voice interrupted them. "Mother! Father! I want to show you my dive I've been practicing! Watch me!" Hayate started running towards a waterfall that lead down to the bottom of the domain.

At the same time, Kagami and Sidon extended their hand, yelling for him to stop. Since Hayate was running so fast, his foot slipped, having him fall down the high waterfall. Sidon quickly rushed to the rescue, jumping after Hayate. In midair, Sidon managed to catch Hayate before they splashed into the water.

Sidon swam up the waterfall, jumping high into the air as he landed perfectly on his feet. Kagami rushed over to Sidon, seeing if Hayate was alright. To her surprise, she saw Hayate in his Zora form. Hayate has not yet turned into a Zora when he was in water, and this is his first turning into a Zora. Kagami thought that his Zora genes were finally starting to kick in.

Hayate looked at hands as he started getting teary eyed, now screaming in Sidon's arms. "Waaah! What happened to me?!"

Kagami took Hayate from Sidon's arms, trying to calm him down as she patted him on the back. Hayate was sobbing uncontrollably as he was in shock. "There, there. Please do not cry."

Hayate hiccupped as he cried, opening his eyes to see his Zora hands. He had never seen his hands look like this before as he continued crying. "Mother... What do I look like..?"

Kagami giggled as she walked over to a puddle of water. "Why don't you see for yourself?"

Hayate looked down to see that he had turned into a Zora. His crying stopped as his face turned to amusement. "Does this mean I'm a full Zora now?"

"That is true, Hayate. But I know that you will change back to your Hylian self soon."

Sidon walked over towards them as he placed his hand on Hayate's head. "Hayate, since you are in that form for the time being... Would you care to join your father on a swim?"

Hayate nodded eagerly. "Yes! I would love to swim with you, father!"

Sidon smiled while striking a pose. "Wonderful! Let's head down to the lake immediately!"

Hayate copied his father as he struck a pose while smiling. "Yes, father!" Kagami put Hayate down as she saw him walking with his father. She smiled at the sight of the father and son bonding.

Kagami's mind wandered to the future Hayate. The child she had given birth to will grow up as the young man who had helped her through her trying times. A smile appeared on her face as she walked towards the stairs.

Later that night, the three of them were in Kagami's room. They were all sitting on the bed as Kagami was reading a story to them. "The girl who had disguised herself as a man returned home from war. The man who had first discovered her true gender showed up at her house. At that moment, the two declared their love and lived happily ever after."

Hayate smiled brightly as he looked up at his mother. "That was a great story, mother! The main character looks like you!"

Kagami let out a little giggle. "Do you think so?"

Hayate yawned and started to rub his eyes. Kagami took Hayate into her arms as he was starting to fall asleep. He snuggled his head on her chest, getting comfortable as his eyes closed.

Kagami smiled at her sleeping son as she felt Sidon's arm wrap around her. "He's such a happy go lucky child, isn't he?" Sidon gently stroked his son's hair as he said that.

Kagami nodded in response. "He is." She had her head rest against Sidon's arm, which was really comfortable. "I could fall asleep like this."

Sidon smiled at his lovely wife. "I think I can stay like this all night if it makes you have a good night's sleep." Their faces got close as they kissed one another.

After that, Kagami had closed her eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep. Sidon stared at her for a while until he felt his eyelids growing heavy. Sidon's last sight before drifting off to sleep was of his sleeping wife and child.