Chapter 37

Kagami led Sidon to the grassy area, determined to talk to him about what has been bothering her. They were sitting on the log where they had confessed to each other at, sitting right beside each other. Sidon looked a bit worried of why Kagami had taken him out here. "What did you wish to discuss with me?"

   Kagami felt her throat close up, not feeling quite ready to speak about it this very second. She cleared her throat, taking a breath through her nose. "Sidon... Do you remember that time when we were at the Fairy Fountain, trying to get the antidote? When the fairy referred to me as Aylin's child?"

   "Yes. I remember that day quite clearly. Why do you ask?"

   "Well... When I was spending time with my mother at the hot springs, she had given me that answer."

   Sidon's eyes widen a bit. "Was your mother friends with the fairies in the past?"

   Kagami giggled a little at the question. "That's what I asked too, but... My mother... My mother was actually a fairy herself. She has heard of Aylin, because... My mother is Aylin."

   Sidon's jaw dropped at the confession, but slowly started to put the pieces together, feeling like things were starting to make sense. "So that's why the fairy called you that... She must have sense some kind of power in you."

   "I wouldn't understand how I would possess fairy aura if my mother had made herself completely Hylian before I was even born. But there's more to this... My mother wasn't just a fairy... She was next in line to become queen of the fairies."

   "Pardon..?" That news made Sidon more shocked to when she had said her mother was a fairy, wondering why. "Then that must mean... You're the heir to two kingdoms, well... About to be three..."

   "The thing is... My father had passed down the title to his cousin, and then my mother abandoned hers. I doubt I would ever get any acceptance from the fairies, and my village... You know. I'm not entirely sure how it all works to be honest..."

   Sidon took a hold of both her hands, both of his eyes and lips smiling. "Every time I hear something new about you, it's quite amazing! Yes, you could have lived the life of a princess in your village, and yes you may possess some kind of fairy aura, but... All that matters is that you're you. The strong, kind, and beautiful woman I've fallen in love with."

   Kagami didn't wish to spoil the mood about what she wanted to ask next, but she knew she had to. She couldn't keep it in forever, nor does Sidon. She had to take the initiative. Squeezing his hands tightly as his hands were still around hers, she looked him in the eye. "I thank you for the kind words, Sidon... They really mean a lot to me." Kagami had to just come out and say it. "As your lover and soon to be wife... I want to try my best to make you happy and ease your mind. So... If there's anything you need to talk to me about... You know you can talk to me about it." As she thought, she saw that Sidon's eyes changed as they became sad. "Sidon... I know that something has been bothering you."

   Sidon slightly had his head down, trying to hide his face. "It's... Nothing to worry about. As long as we're happy."

   Kagami let out a sigh. "Yes, we're happy with each other, but... We won't be truly happy if we're not honest with each other. I've noticed this ever since I rescued you from Ryuma. Has something happened between then and now?"

   Sidon let out a sigh, lifting his head up to meet her eyes. "I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but... I really hate to admit that he's right about it..."

   Kagami just blinked in confusion. "What did Ryuma tell you?" She felt her blood boil, now realizing that Ryuma must have said something to manipulate his mind, and play with his emotions. Of course the enemy would try to pull something like that.