Chapter 57

A white glow appeared on the grass as Hayate appeared from that glow, which quickly faded away. He appeared right in front of the entrance of Zora's Domain. Feeling excited but nervous, Hayate started to walk into the long outdoor hall that lead him inside of the domain.

Inside the domain, everything looked the same as it did 16 years ago. Near the statue of his Aunt Mipha, he saw two younger Hylian girls who looked like they were about eight or nine years of age. One of the little girls stopped in their tracks, looking at Hayate. A smile appeared on her face as she happily ran over to him. "Welcome back, big brother! Did you enjoy your trip?"

Hayate was taken a back as this cute little girl was calling him big brother. She had black hair that was in two high buns with big, bright brown eyes. She looked very similar to him, believing that this young girl was indeed his little sister. "I had a great time. It was very... Life changing."

The little girl then started to pout, her cheeks puffing out. "You should take me with you to your travels, big brother!"

Hayate smiled fondly at the adorable little girl, placing his hand on her head. "Sorry, squirt. I promise I'll take you with me next time, alright?"

Her eyes sparkled at Hayate's promise. "Thank you, big brother! You're the best!" She hugged him tightly as he hugged her back.

Hayate felt bad that he didn't know his own little sister's name until he heard a familiar voice. "Rina, you need to say goodbye to Mikoto. We're about to go." Hayate turned around to see his Uncle Ranmaru and a woman with long brown hair and brown eyes standing next to him.

The little girl named Rina looked sad that she had to leave her cousin, but understood as she nodded. Rina had long brown hair that were tied in pigtails. Her eyes were just like her father's, bright emerald. Rina went over to Mikoto as she gave her a hug. "Bye Mikoto! I'll see you soon!"

Mikoto released the hug, giving her cousin a big smile while waving. "See you later, Rina!"

Ranmaru saw Hayate as he smiled at him, causing Hayate to smile back. "Until next time, Hayate."

Hayate nodded in response. "Y-Yeah... See you later, Uncle Ranmaru, Auntie..." Rina ran up to her father as Ranmaru held her hand. The little family made their way towards the exit.

Hayate stared towards the exit, watching his uncle's family leave until he felt a tug on the bottom of his shirt. He looked down to see his little sister, Mikoto, looking up at him. "Big brother... Can you play with me now?"

Hayate happily nodded and smiled at her. "Of course, little sis. But first I need to ask you this... Where's mother and father?"

Mikoto blinked at him with her big, adorable eyes. "Mother and father are in a meeting right now. I think they're going to be finished soon though."

"Oh, alright. I was just wondering about it. So... What do you want to do, cutie pie?"

Mikoto was thinking to herself, trying to decide what she wanted to do. "Um... How about you tell me a story about your recent travels?"

Hayate nodded in response. "Sure. I'll tell you about my exciting adventure I had!" Though Hayate had to not mention his mother and father's name, not even his own or any other names as it would make her wonder. He used fake names and claiming they were his friends. Hayate lead Mikoto over where the statue was, sitting under it. Mikoto was sitting on his lap, listening to her brother's story about how he saved a damsel in distress from certain doom, and managed to help her realize who her true love is.

It was a long tale as it looked like Mikoto had fallen asleep. Hayate looked down at her, smiling as he brushed her hair away from her face. He wrapped his arms around her as he slowly got up, not wanting to wake her.

As Hayate was making his way towards the stairs, he saw two familiar kitsunes, the only difference was that the little kitsune he saw in the past was now older. Hayate slightly blushed at the sight of the female kitsune as she looked so mature with womanly features. Hayate cleared his throat, trying to get those thoughts out of his mind.

The kitsunes made their way towards him as the older male kitsune spoke up. "Good evening, Prince Hayate. Do you know if your mother will be finished with her meeting?"

Hayate bit his lower lip, remembering that his little sister said that they would be out soon. "They should be out any minute."

"Thank you, your highness." Takumi looked at the sleeping Mikoto in Hayate's arms, looking like he was remembering the times when Mizuki was young as she would fall asleep in his arms.

Mizuki was silently staring at Hayate, making him feel awkward but flattered. "You... You look like the prince charming I saw at Queen Kagami's wedding when I was younger."

Hayate averted his gaze, now feeling nervous. "Oh really? What a coincidence that someone looked like me during that time, because you know... I wasn't even born yet during that time."

Mizuki just looked at him with a blank expression. "I already know the truth, Hayate. I happened to overhear my father talking with Queen Kagami about you. I've heard that you time traveled, so it was definitely you that I saw when I caught the bouquet."

Hayate started to sweat nervously as this female kitsune was letting him have it. "So... What are you trying to say, Mizuki?"

"What I'm trying to say is..." Mizuki paused as a blush appeared on her face, averting her eyes shyly. "I still want you to be my prince charming."

Hayate squeezed his lips together as he started blushing. "You mean... You want to date me?"

"That, and eventually marry you."

Hayate's eyes widen at the sudden statement. "Whoa. Whoa. That's way too fast, don't you think? How about we take it slow and go on a date first? And we'll see where our relationship will go." He realized that he just asked her out right in front of her father.

Hayate turned towards Takumi who didn't seem to mind about any of this. In fact, he seemed rather happy than angry, which Hayate was a little surprised about.

Mizuki slowly nodded. "Very well. We shall take things slow if you wish, Prince Hayate."

"Thanks, Mizuki." Hayate felt happy but awkward since this was his first time talking to this kitsune that he knew of. The last time he saw her was at his parent's wedding in the past, when she was only a little kid.

Hayate stared at Mikoto's sleeping face as it looked like she was completely passed out. "Hayate, you're back." The familiar voice caused him to freeze as he turned around, seeing the older version of his parents. Sidon didn't really change much, and the same thing could be said with Kagami. The only difference with her is that her hair was to her shoulders.

Hayate couldn't help but smile as he saw both of parents in his future, the king and queen of Zora's Domain. He started to tear up, but tried to hold them back. "I'm back..."

Kagami and Sidon knew what Hayate had meant as they both smiled at him. His emotions were washing over him as a single tear rolled down his face. Hayate can say that he was finally home, a bright future that he wanted to obtain had come true.