Chapter 30

Inside the hideout, there were large paper scrolls hanging down from obvious hidden entrances. Kagami and Hayate were looking around to see which one would be the right one. Link took out an arrow, having it on fire by a torch nearby, and shot the one right up ahead. The paper scroll burned to ashes as it disappeared, having some stairs appear.

Kagami stared at the stairs, heart pounding if someone was there, but thankfully there wasn't. "I told you to be careful..."

"I know, but... There wasn't anyone on the other side." Link said smugly, Kagami's eyes dropped unamused in response.

Hayate had already made it to the stairs, stealthily peeking into the next room to be sure the coast was clear. "Come on! There's no one here!" Kagami and Link caught up to Hayate, looking around to confirm that there was no one in the area.

In the next room, there was a platform with a ladder. The ladder would lead them to an area with a giant post in the middle of the next room, a guard walking around it. Kagami turned to Link, whispering quietly. "Can you confirm there's only one?"

Link took out his Sheikah Slate, using its camera to zoom in, trying to see if there was more than one guard. "There's only one guard. Using the ladder is obviously a bad idea. We need to climb against this wall, and jump on top of the post when he's on the other side."

"Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking." Kagami turned to Hayate, who was listening in on the plan. "Are you alright with this?"

Hayate nodded, giving her a thumbs up. "This is perfect ninja training, I'm so ready." Kagami slightly shook her head before jumping on the wall nearby, followed by Link and Hayate as they were climbing sideways.

Once they made it to the edge of the wall going into the next room, Kagami was eyeing the guard, waiting for him to be out of sight. Seeing the guard with his back turned, she turned to Link and Hayate, nodding at them to assure them that they can jump onto the giant post. First, it was Kagami who successfully made it on top of the post, Link, and then Hayate who made it as well. Letting out a small sigh, they peeked at the bottom of the post to see the guard going around, waiting for their cue to sneak into the next area.

The three of them stealthily jump onto the other side of the wall, quietly going down the stairs into a room where there were walls. A guard was guarding the entrance of the next room.

Hiding behind the wall, they peeked around from it, trying to figure how to distract the guard from its post. Hayate was looking around the room, only to see some mighty bananas in some convenient trap. He gently tapped Kagami and Link, having them look at the trap with him.

They all got down from the wall, huddled together to form another plan. Hayate whispered quietly, "So we learned that these guys have some banana fetish, weird right? So I was thinking we shoot an arrow at the trap, knocking the bananas down. The guard will see them, and walk away from his post to grab the bananas. But we have to move very quickly to the next room."

"That's not a bad idea, Hayate. I'll gladly be the one to shoot the arrow, and Kagami can let us know when the guard is leaving his post." Link took out a bow and arrow, preparing to shoot.

Kagami was watching the guard from around the wall as she was waiting for Link to activate the trap. Link shot the arrow at the trap, having bananas fall to the ground. The guard was intrigued as he was slowly skipping his way towards the bananas. Kagami turned to them, giving them a signal to make their way to the next room. Very swiftly and quickly, they all rushed into the room before the guard made it back to his post.

The next room was a very narrow hallway with a ladder at the end of it, and a hole in the wall on the side. Kagami peeked at the hole in the wall, seeing that there were quite a few guards walking around. She looked at the ladder at the end of the hallway, thinking it was the best option. "This way." They quietly rushed towards the ladder, climbing on it and making it to the top.