Chapter 23

Returning to Zora's Domain, Kagami was slowly riding on her horse with Mei sitting behind her, and Hayate riding his horse right beside them. Up ahead was the prince, guard captain, and the worried husband. Mei couldn't hold on any longer and got off the horse to run to her husband. "Oh, darling!"

   "Mei!" The two Zoras greeted each other with a tight embrace, looking like they were never going to let go of each other. Kagami and Hayate got off of their horses, going towards the Zoras. Seeing the married Zoras reunited made both Kagami and Hayate smile softly.

   The husband, Fronk, slightly bowed his head with a smile. "Words cannot describe how thankful I am right now. If there's anything I can do in return, I will be willing to do it."

   Kagami slightly raised her hand in rejection. "I thank you for your consideration, but your words alone has already repaid me."

   Hayate put a hand on Kagami's shoulder, tapping his finger on his chin in thought. "Maybe you should consider a spa day or something."

   "Hayate." Hearing his name in a serious tone made his hands go slightly in the air while slowly backing away from Kagami.

   Looking weirdly at Hayate, Kagami felt herself in a tight embrace. "Kagami, you're so amazing! I knew you could do it!" Sidon was hugging her ever so close while spinning her around. She felt like her vision was getting blurry, and her stomach was starting to turn. Keeping a distance, Hayate was smiling at the two having a moment.

   Putting Kagami down, she couldn't stand still as she was swaying to and fro. "I feel like I'm going to hurl..." Kagami put a hand over her mouth as she felt herself falling over.

   "Kagami!" Sidon caught her in his arms just in a nick of time. In his arms, it felt like she was a lifeless rag doll since her body was limp from his spin. "Are you alright?"

   "I'm fine... I'm starting to get back to my senses..."

   "I'm terribly sorry for making you feel like this... I guess I got carried away... I was just so happy for you..." Sidon was embarrassed and a little guilty for making Kagami feel lightheaded. He underestimated his own strength, almost forgetting that Kagami's body was quite delicate. "Can you stand?"

   Sidon was gently helping her to her feet as he was holding onto her shoulders. "Yes. I don't feel dizzy anymore. Thank you."

   Also staring the whole time, Bazz was making eye contact with Kagami. "You have succeeded on your first mission, Lady Kagami. Since you have put in so much effort in saving our people, I shall move your rank up." In his hand, he had a badge with the Zora's color in the shape of a star.

   Kagami gradually received the badge, looking at it in her own hands. "Thank you very much. I shall keep this as a memento of my duties." In her mind, she was thinking this was the first time she had ever ranked up in a guard. When Kagami was a part of her village's royal guard, she only maintained as an amateur samurai rank. Kagami pinned the badge on her clothes, giving off a proud smile.

   "Congratulations, Kagami! You deserve such an honor!" Sidon struck a pose while smiling at her, causing her to blush a little. Sidon then turned a little serious, but almost nervous like. The look on his face made her heart shake a tinge. "Kagami... Remember when I mentioned that I need to speak with you? Are you available to do so this moment?"

   "Um... Yes, of course."

   Hayate went near Bazz and the married Zoras. "I think that's our cue to let them be so they can talk about... Stuff."

   "You're right, Sir Hayate. Whatever it may be, I'm sure it's important." Bazz nodded in agreement, the married Zoras nodding as well.

   Sidon held his hand out to Kagami, waiting for her to put her hand in his. "Let's talk somewhere in private." Kagami felt her heart almost leap out of her chest, swearing that she was seeing sparkles around the prince in a charming way. In a shy manner, she nervously put her hand in his, feeling him squeezing onto her hand that felt small at this moment. Kagami felt her feet walking as Sidon was leading her somewhere, unsure of where he would like to talk. Looking up, Kagami was seeing the back of the prince's head, slightly looking away as she was feeling the warmth of his hand enveloped in hers.