Chapter 39

The next morning, Kagami didn't realize at first she was staying over at Link's house. The ceiling was so close since it was underneath the stairs. Kagami carefully got out of bed, not wanting to accidently bump her head.

   As she was walking out the door, Kagami noticed that Hayate was still asleep on the couch, his sleeping position messy as his mouth was hanging out. She went away from the door as she was heading towards Hayate, lifting the blanket over him as it looked like he kicked them off in his sleep.

   Kagami went out of the house for some fresh air, and possibly going to the store to get some food to make breakfast. She saw that Link was right outside, looking like he was sword training as he was swinging a sword around effortlessly. As she went over to him, she didn't want to startle him as she purposely made her footsteps loud. "Good morning, Link."

   Link paused his training as he had the sword pointing skyward. He then had the blade face down towards the grass beneath him. "Good morning, Kagami. I'm in the middle of sword training. I kinda had a flashback of me doing this kind of thing while talking about something serious with Princess Zelda."

   "Oh really? What kind of person was the princess like?"

   Link thought to himself for a moment before answering. "From the memories that I remembered recently, she seemed like the kind of person who lacks self-worth and self-confidence. In most of the memories, she always seems to be either sad or mad about who knows what."

   Kagami noticed something about what Link was wearing, it seemed like more refined clothes than he usually wore. "Where did you get those clothes, Link?"

   "Ah, this? It's the same clothes you already saw me wearing before. I enhanced them at a Fairy Fountain. The price wasn't that bad as I kept enhancing until..." Link paused his sentence before getting a violent shudder. "I really don't want to talk about the next part..."

    Kagami just blinked at Link's unusual answer, not wanting to pry for the next part, though it got her curious. "Alright. How long have you been out here?"

   "Just little over an hour or so. Hey Kagami... Do you mind being my spar partner? I won't keep you long since you're probably hungry, right?"

   Kagami felt her stomach rumble as she tried to hide it. "Yes, but... I'll be willing to be your spar partner."

   "Great!" Link then handed her a sword. Kagami blinked at him, wondering if he intended this from the beginning. "Now... Get into position, and when I say go, the sparring begins." At the same time, Kagami and Link kept a distance from each other, preparing their swords as they were clearing their mind to have complete focus. "Go!" Once Link gave the signal, they both lunged at each other, swords clashing with one another. Each attack, they blocked it with the blade as the sound of metal filled Link's front yard. "Not bad. Just as I suspected from my former assistant."

   "You're not so bad yourself, Hylian Champion." Kagami was really getting into this spar match with Link. The two kept going at it with their blades clashing with one another, taking one step back and forward.

   Trying to catch their breath, Link had ended the match by stabbing the blade into the grass as Kagami did also. "I'll call it a draw. That was really fun, we should do it again sometime."

   Kagami nodded as she was trying to catch her breath. "Yes. That was great training. It's much more intense with a spar partner."

   They heard the door opening as they both turned around, seeing Hayate walk outside, rubbing his eyes with his hands while letting out a yawn. "What are you two doing out here?"