Chapter 11: File corrupt

(Your POV, December 1st.)

I looked up the schematics for the fourth time on Penny and everything is working as it should normally be.

"DAMMIT!" I yelled as I threw an electronic at a wall.

Ruby: "Maybe it's best if you don't throw your equipment at the academy's wall."

Me: "There's nothing wrong with Penny's circuitry, there's nothing wrong with Penny's programming! what the hell is going on with Penny?!"

Venws: "Maybe she's been overtaxed."

Me: "It's quite possible. (sigh) Penny have you ever been feeling overtaxed lately?"

Penny: "even though certain events have been particularly trying, Several burdens have since been lifted, all of the hard drives have been defragmented and all of my Systems-S-S-Systems-S-S-Systems-S-Systems-S-S-S-S-Systems are operating normally."

Me, Venws and Ruby was looking at each other while her stuttering occurred until I said to her "Penny... what the hell was that?"

Penny: "Please restate the question."

Venws: "you stuttered."

Penny: "This unit... Doesn't recall any stuttering."

Ruby: "Playback your own records."

Penny pauses for a minute as she playbacks her records and we look at each other.

Ruby then kisses me on the cheek and said "I learned a lot from my boyfriend." I chuckled softly at Ruby.

Then Penny resumes and said "This unit can't account for the current occurrence."

Me: "Penny... could some kind of force be affecting you?"

Penny: "it is possible but it can't be certain at this time."

Ruby: "I got to get to class, is it okay if you look after Penny, (Y/N)?"

Me: "sure."

Ruby leaves.

I looked up some more schematics on my laptop until Penny asked a question.

Penny: "Are you afraid?"

I turned around and said "I beg your pardon."

Penny: "Are you afraid of me?"

I smiled softly and answered "No. of course not, I love you and all of my girlfriends equally, especially you."

Penny smiles and softly said "thank you."

I nod my head meaning 'your welcome' then Penny said "I have to go."

Me: "ok, come back soon so we can help you."

Penny: "ok."

Penny walks out of the room while I look for anything that might be happening to Penny.

XXXXX

(No one's POV.)

As Penny walks out of (Y/N)'s room and around a corner, she stops and both of her eyes turns into a bright shade of red and whispers "you should be." Penny then blinks and her eyes turns back to her normal green colour as she walks to class.

XXXXX

(Your POV. 7/12/2025)

I was just reading through the absent grimoire and drinking my tea Blake made me until I heard a voice.

??????: "hey (Y/N), whatcha doing?"

???: "What are you doing?"

Me: "Hi dad, hey Jaeris. Just reading the Absent grimoire. Anyway, do you want to tell me something?"