Zach Herron-Thousand Miles Away

You and Zach have been talking online for almost two years, it all started when you typed in Your best friend's new number wrong and you accidentally dialled/facetimed Zach. At first, you were going to hang up, but he asked you to wait, you both ended up spending over four hours on facetime talking and getting to know each other. You played would you rather and 21 questions for a little bit of fun.

You send each other cards and gift baskets for each other's birthdays and Christmas's and even postcards just to make it more fun. Your family have spoken to him, you've spoken to his family hell you even spoke to his bandmates sometimes. You were both very involved in each other's lives.

Though the past 5 months have been hell because Zach's been on tour which meant you both hardly talked he'd call you when he had time to himself and the call would only last twenty minutes maybe even less depending on how much time he had.

Today marked your two-year anniversary talking and you hadn't heard from him all morning not even one single text to say good morning like he usually did. It was odd he wouldn't just leave you in lurch which made you worry that either he forgot what day it was and that he wasn't bothered about the friendship.

You understood though because he was famous, of course, you knew him before why don't we grew big so seeing him rise up was expected. Also was the decrease of phone calls and texts. Though you just wished that it didn't have so painful because you were falling for your best friend and he might not even need you anymore.

What's worse is that you were a thousand miles away from him and you didn't have the money to go over to where he was stopping, your parents couldn't help you either so you were pretty much stuck in your room contemplating the friendship you shared with Zach.

You took a shower, getting changed into some comfy clothes and tied your hair into a messy braid before applying a very small amount of makeup. You walked downstairs to grab some lunch when you heard your phone ring. When you looked you noticed Zach's name as the caller ID.

Y/N-Your name Z-Zach Herron

___________________________________

Y/N: Hey Zach, everything okay?

Z💙: Yeah everything is fine, I just think its freezing and raining out

Y/N: I thought it was boiling where you are?

Z💙: Well not when you're not in that city anymore... hey um would you mind opening the door?

You were confused for only a second before everything started to click... your best friend was outside your house to see you.

You didn't waste any time running downstairs opening the door seeing a soaking wet Zach Herron with roses in his hand and a little card with a little suitcase beside him.

"Oh my god Zach you're here" you pulled him into the house dragging him into a tight hug the smell of his cologne filling your nose as your head buried into his neck.

"I had a break on tour, I booked a flight to come see you especially because it's our special day" a chuckle left his lips as he pressed his lips to your forehead and handed you the roses and card. "Happy two year anniversary, open the card first" 

You grinned taking him into the living room grabbing a towel for him before opening the card and reading.

"To Y/N

I know this year has been slightly rocky between us because of me being on tour and finding the time to call you and have a full conversation with you, but the patients you have and the way you still pick up your phone no matter what time it is, truly makes me feel lucky. I want you to know that the past two years has been the best two years of my life getting to know you and sharing a bond with you that not even god himself could describe. In those two years of staring at you, talking to you and hearing your voice I somehow fell for you and I want you to know that I love you more than words can describe Happy Anniversary love.

-Love Zach".

You read the card your heart beating against your chest, your hands were a little shaky. Nobody has ever written that to you not even said those words. You found yourself climbing onto his lap wrapping your arms around his neck staring into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. "I'm in love with you too Zachary Herron" you whisper capturing his lips in a passionate loving kiss.