Jonah Marais-Abused

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Again this isn't to make this a trend, this is simply bringing up how abusive relationships go. How people can know the signs and how people can see it from happening. I know someone who went through something like this and I watched it every day because no matter how many times I told her that he was hurting her she didn't see it because she was blinded by the love she had for him. It's a serious topic and I'm raising awareness.

You have been dating this guy y/c/b/ Ray (your current boyfriend) for over year and honestly everything is a mess. The relationship started off as normal both of you were so happy and loving. You were going on dates he was treating you well and making you feel like you had a purpose in life. 

Though things started to change he started taking your pone checking through your messages, asking you where you were going and who you were with. Then it started growing to him throwing accusations thinking you were cheating all the time even if you were at work. He started calling you names like slut, whore, bitch, ugly, fat. He started buying you clothes so you were covering up most of your body. 

Then things started to progress to the point he would snap and shout at you at home or in public then it started becoming violent and aggressive. He would beat you almost everyday then later apologizing using words to brainwash you into forgiving him. Now your so scared of him that you can't run away or leave him. 

You were both walking home after having a quiet meal this morning he hit you across the face giving you a black eye and busted lip. Of course he ended up dragging you to a meal as his way of apologizing, but you were too scared to say no.

"Why didn't you speak tonight? I treated you to a nice meal and paid for it and you couldn't even talk to me?" Ray spoke snapping at you his fists clenched his eyes glaring at you. 

"I-I'm sorry" you stuttered looking down at the ground before feeling his tight grip pulling your face up to stare at him. "P-Please I'll talk when we g-go home" you stuttered. 

"Oh you think you can talk later no! I don't want to talk to you, your fucking slut with an attitude you don't deserve to even speak" He looked at you. "After all I've done" his voice boomed through the streets echoing around you.

"I'm sorry" you whisper, but before you could even talk to him you felt his fist collide with your cheek hitting you harshly and grabbing you roughly. "Please stop" you could feel the tears running down your face. 

You felt another hit to your cheek as he glared at you causing you trip and fall cutting your forehed on the pavement. You lay there completely frozen embarrassed and frightened. You were expecting another hit when you felt nothing.

"You heard the girl, stop" you heard a low voice echo through your ears, making you open your eyes. 

There he was a tall guy with dark hair and beautiful deep eyes that you could get lost in. He was gripping your boyfriend's fist stopping him from hitting you. His eyes were glaring into your boyfriends. 

You felt like you couldn't move you watched as the boy punched your boyfriend and pushed him away from you. "The police are their way" he restrained the boys hands before you felt someone help you up. 

A boy with beautiful green eyes and blonde hair looking you over, but all you could do is flinch and wince worried he was going to hurt you and beat you like Ray. "Please don't hurt me" you cried out. 

"Oh I'm not going to hurt its okay...here" the blonde boy wrapped his jacket around you and grabbed his bottle of water and some tissue wetting it. "I'm Corbyn, thats my friend Jonah we're helping you okay, here lemme clean you up" he sat beside you.

Corbyn cleaned your face whilst they all waited for the police to arrive, you were scared, confused and frightened. "Please don't let him go to jail I need him" you whisper weakly to Corbyn, watching the police come and handcuff your boyfriend.

"Oh its okay listen to me you don't need him okay, he's not worth it and he's not needed. He's been beating you for awhile I can tell...you'll find someone again someone who will make you happy" Corbyn looked at you giving you a sense of comfort. "Alright you're all cleaned up, just relax okay your safe now" he got up walking over to the police.

You simply nodded too scared to argue back when the boy named Jonah came over and sat beside you, you both sat in silence for a few minutes before you turned to face him as your heart raced against your chest and your hands were shaking. "W-why were y-you being s-so nice and h-helping me".

"I seen him hit you and I just had to come over and help you looked terrified nobody deserves to go through something like that"" Jonah whispers gently checking you over before he looked at you. "Let me help, I can take you home make you some hot chocolate or something". 

You shook your head blushing from embarrassment "I was staying with Ray my boyfriend he forced me to move in with him. I don't have anywhere to go. I live miles away from here and I don't have a car anymore my boyfriend took it to the scrap yard and told me I was only allowed to use his car with him inside". 

Jonah could see the pain behind your eyes, he gently helped you up and carefully took your hand in yours. "Come with me I promise I won't hurt you, I'll get you some hot chocolate and you can stay with us. We can call your family up and you can talk to them."

"Thank you" you felt the tears fall down your face as a overwhelming sense of comfort and happiness came over you. Nobody hasn't been this nice to you in years all your friends were his and you weren't allowed to do anything. 

You gave a statement to the police then Jonah took you to a small cafe where you both had hot chocolate. You answered any questions he had for you and you rang your parents from his phone explaining everything. 

He took you to the hospital to get checked out and paid for any medication you needed. He also let you stay at the house for a couple days whilst you figured everything out. He even went to all your police interviews with you and helped you through it all.