Corbyn Besson-Sunflower

This imagine is based on the song sunflower from the movie Sierra Burgess Is A Loser Though I'm turning it into my own my thing lol.

You weren't like those popular typical girls that did cheerleading, went to parties and went with friends out for coffee at the mall to buy clothes. You weren't like that at all, in fact, you didn't want to be that way because it just wasn't you who you are.

You were more of the girl who was into playing musical instruments, writing, doing homework and just being at home in your own comfort. You didn't wear those dresses or put on makeup. You wore comfy clothes, you left your hair alone just brushing it. You didn't your life be spoken about in the halls as much as you like being able to just be yourself you did find it hard when it came to crushing.

You always got stuck and started to ramble or you'd run in the other direction if a guy came up to you. You just didn't know how to explain it.

You had a crush on a boy who was popular and everyone knew him for his voice that beautiful angelic singing voice that you had also fallen in love with accepting he has no idea who you are or what you're all about. He doesn't look in your direction at all. Instead, he ended up dating all those beautiful popular girls who put on makeup and did what they could to get a male's attention.

You were at school in your music class listening to the teacher go on about how to treat instruments and that they were having choir and band rehearsals after school which made you feel a little excited. You grabbed the sheet singing up for both of them you didn't care if you only got into one of them you just wanted to try out. Music was your favourite expression.

"You're signing up to" a male spoke behind you as you turned around feeling your cheeks heat up fairly fast as you simply nodded your head. Corbyn Besson was talking to you! the boy you've been crushing on for months.

"Y-yeah I'm j-just putting my n-name down seeing w-what's out there" you stuttered feeling the blush darken on your cheeks knowing you looked pretty stupid.

He chuckled a little nodding his head "that's fair, I'll see at auditions" he smiles and grabbed a pen.

You spent the rest of the day going to classes and eating with your only friend talking about all the different ways you could sing and play, but you simply just wanted to sing your own piece of music and play the keyboard. It was something you have sung for a while now.

At the end of the day, you walked straight into the auditorium seeing your name was last you went backstage making sure you kept yourself to yourself hearing a few whispers around and giggles. You look up seeing their heads turn continuing you laugh.

You were about to get up and leave until you saw him again the beautiful blonde boy with that gorgeous charming smile that just drove you crazy.

"You're not leaving now?" Corbyn smiles looking at you.

You looked into his eyes shaking your head "N-no just nervous" you looked at your shoes before some other girls call him over leaving him to completely walk away.

A small sigh escaped your lips and you just sat by your keyboard listening to all the people auditioning, they sounded incredible you knew they would have had a higher chance just because of how talented and beautiful they all were which made you more nervous than ever before.

After all the auditions your name was called, you walked on stage setting up your microphone and keyboard before taking a seat and looking at the teacher before taking a deep breath. "My name is y/n and I'll be singing my own song and playing the piano" you gave them a small smile before you started to play.

Rose girls in glass vases

Perfect bodies, perfect faces

They all belong in magazines

Those girls the boys are chasing

Winning all the games they're playing

They're always in a different league

Stretching toward the sky like I don't care

Wishing you could see me standing there

But I'm a sunflower, a little funny

If I were a rose, maybe you'd want me

If I could, I'd change overnight

I'd turn into something you'd like

But I'm a sunflower, a little funny

If I were a rose, maybe you'd pick me

But I know you don't have a clue

This sunflower's waiting for you, waiting for you

Corbyn stayed behind just to hear you sing, after today he was completely in a trance he wanted to talk to you more. He loved how you stuttered or how you would blush when you would talk. He couldn't help but notice how adorable you truly were.

He was taken back by your beautiful voice and the meaning behind the lyrics he couldn't help, but fall in love with the song. Once you had completely finished he waited for the teachers to compliment and he took a seat backstage waiting for you.

"You're in, we need a voice like yours" the teacher smiles writing your name down "You can choose one of them, but we'll see you in practice".

"Thank you" you smile wide grabbing your things before walking backstage stopping in your tracks seeing Corbyn sat down with his phone in his hands. "You're s-still h-here?" you blush looking at him.

Corbyn looked up almost rushing to his feet "yeah I wanted to hear you sing. I mean like just wanted to see how you got on because you mentioned that you were nervous earlier" he blushed himself before leaning against the wall. "You sounded incredible.. did you write that song by yourself?" he asks.

You gave him a small nod putting your keyboard your case "it's a working process" you look up at him.

"It was truly amazing.. maybe we could work on a duet together or something?" He bent down helping you pack away. "I'm Corbyn" he stuck his hand out.

You gladly accepted shaking his hand "I'm y/n"

"Do you fancy grabbing something to eat?" Corbyn grinned

"M-me? n-now?" you stuttered blushing all over again.

"Yeah, I wanna hang out with you. I mean if its a problem"

"No of course not, I-I'd really l-like that" you stood up and walked out with Corbyn.