No Flippin' Way (Darren Edition)

No flippin' way, Harper thought as he threw the knife on the ground and felt around for his pack. Mindy moaned in pain as she rolled around the floor in agony. Darren's eyes darted around the hut; his eyes were slowly adjusting to the dark. Campbell was way confused; he had no idea what the hell was going on around him.

Harper finally found his pack, his eyes adjusted to the dark. He could see what was in front of him pretty clearly. He probably could have recognized Darren without a light, but he wanted to be absolutely certain. He was looking for his flashlight.

He found five bottles of water, eight bags of crackers, a now-not-very-frozen pizza and a few chocolate bars (it was a really big pack okay?) before he found his phone. He turned it on and switched on the flashlight setting.
He pointed it at the person who claimed to be his best friend. He saw Darren, a little beat-up, he saw Campbell next to him, looking kinda nervous, a little droopy-eyed. Mindy finally got up, looking at Harper with a stare of very minimal rage, curiosity and unconditional love, all mixed together.

"Uhhh...okay. Hi, Darren."

"Hey, Harper. Hope I didn't scare you..."

"Dude! I thought I was in a living hell for that moment!"

"Oh, sorry. So, I see that your cousin decided to join you."

"Mmhm. His name is Campbell."

"But he knew my name..."

"I tell him about you all the time! He knows what you look like."

"When I saw an open metal door, I was obviously intrigued. So I decided to look at what was in there, and I saw Campbell covered in wool. I had a faint light coming out of my shirt pocket; my flashlight was on. I saw him, asked him about the situation, he told me. I followed him here, my phone died the moment I touched the door handle. Must be bad luck, I guess. Walked in on the Harper and Mindy Show, grossed out a little, I'm happy for you guys, and let me say your cousin is adorable."

"Oh...uh...Thanks, Mr. Applewood."

Everyone laughed at Campbell's name for Darren. Maybe he was scared of him.

"Well, we should sleep."

"Yeah. I'll go sleep with the kid, keep him company. I'll give you guys your privacy."

"Good night."

"See ya."