Anniversary

—-Three Days Later—-

Harper's alarm clock on his phone went off with a tune. Harper shot up and looked to his left. Mindy was sleeping soundly next to Harper. She was snoring softly and her breathing was even. Harper tried to get up without waking up his girlfriend. He somehow succeeded at this. He got on his feet and checked his phone.

Friday, March 16th, 2019
6:18 AM

Harper saw the date and went silently bonkers in his head. Today was the one year anniversary of Harper and Mindy's dating. He walked quietly up to Campbell, who was sleeping with a slight snore next to Ella.

Harper tapped on Campbell continuously, attempting to awaken him.

"Campbell. Buddy. Get up."

"Wh-what's up?"

"It's March 16th. It's freakin' March 16th!"

"And why is that so important?"

"Well, it's the day I started dating Mindy. It's also the day you caught us kissing red-handed and gave us nightmares for a month."

"Haha, good times..."

"Oh, shut up. Now I need help to plan a surprise for Mindy. She wakes up at 8 on Friday mornings, so we need all the help we can get. We only have, like, an hour and two-thirds."

"Got it. Let's wake up the others."

Campbell woke Ella up with a surefire trick. He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the lips. Apparently, that had always worked.

"Hm. That's smart. I'll have to try that someday."

"Yeah..."

"M-morning, Camp. And Harper..."

"Hey. Campbell, explain our situation."

"Sure thing."

And he explained Harper's situation.

"Ah. Well, mate, we don't have much time. Let's go wake up the others."

They woke up Sharon, Darren, Landon and Jennifer and explained the situation.

They got to work.

-8 AM-

"Wake up. Wake up, Mindy. Mind, you there?"

"Y-yeah..what's up?"

"Just come with me."

"O-okay."

Harper helped her up and walked with her to what she didn't know about. It had never crossed her mind that it was her anniversary, so Harper asked her.

"Hey, babe. Know what today is?"

"Um...March 16th?"

"Yeah, but what's so important about March 16th?"

"Uhhh...it's Friday?"

"Yeah, but March 16th is special. How though?"

"Oh, yeeeeah. Our anniversary...I'm so sorry I forgot..."

"No, no. It's all good. Now let's go."

They reached a corner.

"Let's turn the corner. That's where we're going."

"Okay!"

They turned the corner and saw Campbell, Darren, Sharon, Ella, Landon and Jennifer at a table with a cake in the middle with two candles on it. There was a radio on the table and it was blaring their favorite song -- Wake Me Up When September Ends.

"Oh my goodness...I love it!!!"

"I knew you would."

They sat down at the table and had a great time. Games were played, songs were sung, and happiness was a rare reality for the group.

They all fell asleep happy and tired.

BTW long time skip for the next chappie so stay tuned!