Epilogue - The Train

The train arrives at the 98th St. - Frolick Av. station in Indianapolis. They all must get onto a neighboring train to Springfield. So they walk across the platform and wait for the train. It eventually comes and they get on it. At Springfield, they get on a train to Chicago. Once they get off there, Ella and Jennifer said that they were gonna go a little east and head to JFK Airport in Queens, New York to head back to England.

Ella and Harper said bye first.

"Hey, Ella. So, I guess you're headed back to England."

"Yeah, mate. Well, I hope we meet again."

"Yeah. Thanks for, you know, being weirdly in love with my cousin."

"Haha...yeah, good times."

"Well, see ya."

"Yup."

They shook hands. Now Jennifer and Landon would say a somewhat emotional goodbye.

"Uh...well then. I guess this is it."

"Yeah. Well, it's been great, mate."

"Same here. I guess maybe we'll meet again."

"Yeah. And if you ever do visit, you better believe I'll be welcoming you with open arms."

"Haha, yeah."

They had one last kiss and one last hug before leaving.

Everyone said goodbye and got on the train to New York. The last four people were Harper, Sharon, Darren and Landon. Harper became jealous of Sharon and Darren but in a fun, good way.

"Well, then. Looks like you are the last couple remaining."

"Haha...yeah."

They got on the local track. Darren got off at 44th St. - Nilsson Av.

"Well...see ya, Sharon."

"Yep, yep."

They kissed and Darren left.

Landon and Jennifer both got off at 51st St. - McClendon Av. So now Harper was all alone on the train.

The train stopped at 55th St. - Kendrick Av. Harper was almost brought to tears by this stop; Mindy would have gotten off here.

Finally, 70th St. - Mikita Av. came by. Harper left here, left the platform and walked up the steps that led to the busy streets of Chicago. Harper hadn't seen the surface of the world in five whole years. He had almost completely forgotten what it was like to be on the surface of Earth, but his memory was refreshed after ten seconds. He took out his key and walked across the street, just like five years ago on March 13th, 2018. But today was March 13th, 2023. And he was home. But he was missing something important. And that was Mindy.

He reached his house. 7410 70th Street. He walked up to his front door, inserted the key and turned it. He heard the telltale click. He turned the knob. He went inside. And there were his parents, and his dog.

"Hey, guys."

"Uhh...who are you?"

"What? I'm your son, Harper Linden."

"Really? What's your full name?"

"Harper John Micah Bartholomew Sherwood Henry Allen Alexander Maranovich Wayne Patrick Jesse Edmund Anton Linden."

"..."

"Oh my goodness...it's really you!"

They hugged and celebrated, for the family was once again complete. But one thing was certain. He was missing one thing.

And that was Mindy.

---the end---

So the sequels will begin soon! I'll make two books documenting the two new stories that I'm branching off of this. See ya!