Birthday Celebrations

It really did feel perfect, although it would never be completely perfect here. But just for this moment, it was perfect. After the music, some weird stuff happened. And it was funny.

"I wish we had cake, mate."

"Yeah. Cake would be awesome."

"Say no more."

And then Ella pulled a freaking birthday cake out of Mindy's pack.

"How the hell is there a CAKE in my pack?"

"Well, babe. These Continental Crappy Idiot Agency people really pampered us up."

"The who people now?"

"Oh, did I say Continental Crappy Idiot Agency? I meant to say Continental Crappy Ill-Minded Agency."

"Whoa. Take it easy, mate."

"Sorry. I just hate these stupid agency people."

"Either way, boom! A cake. I wish we had a portable charger. My phone has been dead since I opened the door to that hut..."

And then it hit him. Literally. The portable charger came out of the ceiling and clobbered Darren on the head for at least a hundred points. Darren passed out from the sudden impact. Sharon rushed over to help him.

"Listen, Darry. I didn't kiss you a couple months ago and ask you out just so you can pass out and die. I'd rather not be depressed out of my mind for the next ten years, so stay with me."

Harper ran to Darren and randomly pep talked him and Sharon.

"Come on, girl. Save your boyfriend. Darren, dude, you got this. Breathe, don't leave. Sharon, come on. You got this."

And with that Darren woke up and coughed.

"Darry! Oh, Darry!"

Sharon connected her lips with Darren's. Harper questioned some stuff.

"Wait...Darry? Best I've ever done is "babe". Props to you guys. What does he call you?"

"Is this really the time for that, Harper? Wow."

Campbell was the one who said that.

"Buddy, go have cake with your own ladyfriend. I have other and more important things to deal with."

"Gladly. I'll take cake with my princess any day of the week."

And Harper turned back to Campbell, now running after him after a solid twenty seconds of contemplating what he just heard out of his cousin.

Sharon just continued her make-out session with Darren as Harper ran after Campbell. Mindy was torn between following Harper or enjoying the fact that she'd be teasing Darren for the passing out for a long time.

She decided to follow Harper.

Harper finally reached the little couple to find them eating cake and cuddling at the same time.

"Eating and cuddling at the same time? Y'all need to give me some pointers on that. I've been practicing my technique with Mindy for a while now."

They jumped at the sudden interruption.

"Harper. You. Almost. Gave. Us. A. Bloody. Actual. Heart. Attack. Try. Not. Doing. That. Again. Mate."

"Okay, Ella. Take it easy. But seriously, how do you do that? I'd like some pointers..."

"Pointers for what?"

Harper slipped and fell at the sudden voice. He turned around and saw Mindy.

"Oh. Hi, Mindy. Just having a completely normal conversation with Campbell and Ella."

"I asked you, pointers for what?"

"Uhhhh...how to cut cake? Really, how DID they cut that cake so well? It's so amazing..."

"Oh, come on, Harper. Just say it, mate. You wanted pointers on how to cuddle. Seriously, mate."

"Hehe...yeeeeah..."

"Nope. You need no pointers. You are already amazing enough, babe. Nothing's better than your cuddles. You said it yourself last week."

"Did I...?"

"Yes, babe. I believe your exact words were 'Come on, babe. You know I'm the best at this. You can't disagree.'"

"Oh, yeeeeah. Well, thanks."

"Anything for my cuddle buddy."

"Yeah, no. Well, maybe. Actually, I like that. Call me that more."

"I've never seen someone change their mind so quickly."

Then there was a crash.

"Dudes, let's go see."

They saw Darren and Sharon fallen on the ground. Then Ella spoke up.

"Wait a Dairy Milk minute. Mates, were you trying to make yourselves walk while you were making love?"

"Uhhhhh...yeah."

"Well, mates, that was quite dumb-like of you. But whatever. Not the time. But really, mates, crazy dumb of your Chicago minds."

"We get it, mate. We were quite dumb and it almost got us hurt."

"Actually, Darry, I am hurt."

"Wait, what? Where?"

"Uhhhhhhh...let me tell you in private."

"Wait...what? This makes no sense...what do you mean?"

"Well, this wasn't the best setting, but a great birthday."

"I couldn't agree more."

Then they kissed for one last time on their birthday.