Battle pt. 2

Harper opened the door. He saw a half-naked Mindy tied up in a chair and a kid tormenting her.

Ken.

Ken was Harper's bully all his life. He wondered how he knew his combo lock and why he had used such an obvious code on the pad. Right now he had to help Mindy.

"Hey, buddy. Now why don't you get your hands off my girl."

"HARPER! SAVE ME!"

"Harper? Ah, long time no see. Good to lay eyes on your ugly figure again. Now, get out. This is private.

"How about no?"

Harper took out his Evader.

"Is...is that an Evader? I was wondering how you got in here."

"Get out, Ken, or I shoot."

Harper held up his Evader and pointed at Ken.

"Go ahead. Shoot me, pretty boy. I'll just dodge anyway."

"I'm always ready for a good fight."

"Let's go, then."

Harper shot his Evader. Ken skirted certain failure and dove out of the way. The shot hit a desk and the desk shattered. Ken hit a chair in his dive. His nose was bloody. Ken took out an Evader of his own and fired. It was going straight at Harper. Be knew he couldn't dodge it but he defied the laws of physics and dodged it anyway. The shot hit the wall and cracked it a bit. Harper jumped on Ken. Ken shot wildly. His shots were not sent in any one direction; yet his friends had to dodge them. Harper knocked the Evader out of Ken's hand. Harper couldn't grab it, though. Ken grabbed it and shot at Harper. At such close range, the shot would have hit him. Harper jumped off Ken the moment he touched the Evader and Ken shot where he was a second ago. Harper stood unscathed, sweaty and bruised.

"Give up, Harper. Now, I'm giving you a choice. You leave and never come back in here again, I shoot the girl dead, or I shoot you dead. Choose one."

Harper talked in whispers with Campbell, Darren and Sharon.

"Ok, you heard him. What do we do?"

Harper had an idea.

"I'll say shoot her. Someone here will volunteer to jump in front of the Evader shot. When Ken is distracted, Darren will use my Evader and take out Ken."

"But won't whoever volunteers die?"

"No. Humans making contact with other humans from an Evader shot won't even hurt anyone. It's weird technology. Anyway, Campbell will stand at the wall with open arms and he'll try to catch me. As long as I touch him, I'll just stop moving and crash into Campbell, and neither of us will be hurt."

"Well, why not me?"

"I'd rather not crash into my girlfriend's best friend intentionally while she's watching."

"Oh, okay."

"Good?"

"Yes."

"Ok, what's your choice?"

Harper knew how Mindy would react when he said this, but it was for her own good.

"Shoot her."

Mindy broke down at those words.

"Wow. Letting me kill your best friend. Okay, girl, don't move."

Campbell got into position. Harper handed Darren the Evader.

"Dude, I know you won't die, but just in case, it's been nice knowing you."

They hugged.

"Ok, little dude, if I miss or you miss, I'm dead. If I die, it's been nice."

They hugged.

"Ok, Sharon, your job is to re-distract Ken if Darren misses. If I die, thanks for being my girlfriend's best friend."

They shook hands.

Ken cocked his Evader. Harper stood next to Campbell. Ken fired. Harper jumped in front.

Cliff. Hanger. Number 2. Hope y'all enjoyed!