Battle

They left their spot, all of them nervous and flustered about this whole situation.

They made a left, then ran into some kind of idiot who wanted to kill them.

"Hey, dudes, I may be 12, and I may have seen a lot, but...I've never seen this bef-AAAAH!"

Darren got punched in the face really hard. Then the guy pulled out a pistol.

"Put your hands up. Nobody moves, nobody gets shot."

They put their hands up. Then the kid went in close and examined the four people. Why, they didn't know, but Harper had an idea. This idea would take place in a few seconds. The guy went close to Harper, gun in hand, then as this menace was checking him out, Harper kicked the gun out of his hand. He punched the guy in the cheek. Harper rushed to the gun and picked it up. It was loaded. He got it ready to shoot, heard the small click.

"My turn. Hands up."

He didn't cooperate. Harper pulled the trigger. The bullet drove into the kid's neck. He couldn't breathe. He held his hands to his neck. The last thing he heard was:

"Bye, man. Don't ever do that in hell."

Then he was dead.

The quartet continued on, making a left at the first turn. They ran into another one of these fighting children. He pulled out a gun, this one was a military-grade pistol. Before Harper could do anything a gunshot was moving towards him. He ducked down just in time, skirting death as the bullet took out a whole section of hair on his head, leaving a view of the scalp. Harper shot the guy in a counterattack. He aimed, however, for his opponent's pistol. He got a perfect shot, the bullet going inside of the kid's gun, the gun exploded into tiny shards, the guy automatically dying from the other shots Harper took. They moved on from him and went ahead into the corridor. Now they faced three of these guys, equipped now with assault rifles, cocking their guns and pointing at the crew of friends.

Darren had picked up a gun from the weapon-chest, and so did Campbell. They all took out their pistols and shot. All three guys fell down, and Harper wondered why they hadn't shot first. They ran all the way to the dead end, then made a right, where they found a guy with an Evader. The Evader was a high-tech, government-only caliber of guns. One bullet, and you get shot back a hundred feet, smashing into the ground of wall with so much force that they die instantly. The three with guns took them out and pointed it at the guy with the Evader. He did the same. The guy aimed at Harper and fired. He missed and knocked the gun out of his hand, making it travel a long distance until it hit a wall and broke into tiny pieces.

The guy with the Evader started laughing hard at Harper, slapping his knees and calling him names. Harper was confused by this action as Darren and Campbell shot him to death. He dropped his Evader with his death, and laid still, the blood seeping out. Harper grabbed the Evader and gave Sharon his pistol. They ran on until they found the door with the code. Harper pointed some stuff out too.

"Y'know, I think I recognized that other guy's voice on the phone."

"Hm, maybe."

"And that code...she said it was 6-0-4-1-0 then she was cut off. I recognize that number too, but I can't put my finger on it."

"Looks like there are six spaces for a code in this number pad."

Then it clicked. 

"Dudes! I figured it out!"

"What is it, Harper?"

"My combo lock at school! It's 60, 41, 4!"

"And the five numbers she gave were 6-0-4-1-0!"

"That means the last number is 4!"

"Put it in!"

Campbell got to work on putting that in. Soon the code was in and a green light went on. A small card came out and Harper took it and put it in the slot. Another green light came on and the door clicked, signaling an unlock. Harper took the handle and opened the door.

Cliff. Hanger. Long chapter. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I liked writing it!