Chapter 2

It can't be. 

So many questions are going through my brain all at once I can't think straight.  I feel faint. Who is he? What's his name? Hell, where did he come from? How is he real? I realise then that he has a mark on the inside of his left wrist , one that is a circle with 3 dots inside. It can't be. There's no way. How?! And then I realise that I'm still on the floor and his hand is still out to me, waiting. I clear my throat and take his hand when I feel a shock zip through my body. His eyes widen in shock but he quickly covers it. Then I realise his skin is as pale as the moon and that its ice cold. 

"Wha-?" I start to question but then the same girl with the black bob (I've nicknamed her Shortie cause of her hair) stalks up to me and shoves me out of the way again with a glare. Again.

"There you are Noah, " she says with an accent that I can't quite fathom. She throws herself at him but he just stares at me, those beautiful green eyes locked with my plain blue ones. His name is Noah. Noah! I can't help but feel drawn to him in a way I've never felt before. Snap out of it! My brain is practically screaming at me.  But as I stare into them, I see a shimmer of violet replacing the green just for a second, before turning to green again.

 I'm just starting to think that I should ask another question, when Shortie pries herself away from Noah and lunges at me. Then I feel a sharp sense of pain in my right forearm and place a hand over it. A warm liquid slides over my hand and over my fingers, falling to the floor. 

Drip Drip Drip.

I see Shortie coming for me again just as I start to feel faint and dizzy. I lift my hand up to protect myself-

"That's enough!" I hear a deep masculine voice say and I briefly remember wondering what I did wrong when the world fades into black. 

I open my eyes and the first thing I realise is that I'm not in my house or at school, and that my arm is bandaged. The second thing I realise is that a voice is talking to someone else just outside the open doorway. 

"I think its time," someone says. A male voice.

" But how will she react? She can't go yet; she's not ready to meet her father again, " another female voice says worriedly.

"I'm afraid she hasn't got much time. When Afrina's venom injected in her, it awakened her powers. She must come now." The make voice says again.

Wait hold up... Venom? Powers? Daddy? And who's Afrina? Daddy?

"I'll give you some time to say goodbye; I'll be back by tomorrow evening, so have her ready. She is the future-" says the male voice matter of factly.

" Wait I think she's awake," The female says again.

Oh Shit! I think. Pretend to be sleeping. Or passed out or whatever. Then I hear footsteps coming into the room and I quickly shut my eyes.

" I know you're awake, my dear, " says the female voice I heard just moments ago. I slowly and reluctantly open my eyes again.

" And I think its time you go home. "

I look up and see a kindly middle aged woman with short brown hair and warm brown eyes looking down at me. 

"Wait!" I start to say but the next minute I'm back at home. In my bedroom. And my mother is sitting on my plush green sofa. 

"Mum?"

"Hush dear, we haven't got much time. There's some explaining I need to do. "

"Wait I don't understand" I say, a hint of worry in my voice.

" You will in a little while, just listen.She hands me a mug of sweet tea and sits down again. 

" You know I love you so very much," she begins, those blue eyes looking into mine.

"Mum, you're scaring me," I say.

"Listen to me, Alice. And don't interrupt. 18 years ago, I met a man who was living in the same neighbourhood as me. The moment I saw him I instantly fell in love and soon we were married. But he had a secret: and I discovered it all too late. You see I had a strange wedding. It was so very different to what I would have imagined, but its what the man wanted , so I went with it. How stupid I was. Two months later, I was pregnant and my husband was overjoyed. But I wasn't. I started getting weird cravings, like abnormal ones. I wanted blood and raw meat and I was getting scared for my baby. But when my husband realised he had to tell me his secret. He was the brother of the king of vampires and that he was a-a vampire himself. And royalty! I was shocked but he had more. He said his genes would go to the baby and she would become half vampire and half human. I was terrified. But that wasn't the worst of it. No. He explained why our wedding was different and that was because he was a vampire and they have bonding ceremonies that are like wedding, but different. He said that we were mated for life. He also said that he had to go somewhere one week before she turned 18 and that he would probably not be able to come back, but, if he did, it would be in disguise.  But the he said that his first born daughter would one day go to the vampire realm and the supernatural realm after her powers started awakening and that she would be bonded and mated to the prince of vampires:his nephew. As was tradition. I was shocked. But he promised me not to tell her until she was  ready." 

"And why are you telling me this? I asked.

She takes a deep breath. Not a good sign. 

"Alice, your father was the vampire king's brother, he came to the human realm, I fell in love with him. I bonded and wed him. And I had a daughter as my first child."

"And?" I ask, too afraid for the answer.

Another deep breath. 

"Alice, you are my first born daughter. " she locks eyes with me.  

I feel my body freeze as the realisation kicks in. Oh. Hell. No.