Epilogue

6 months later...

Lady Saffron's Wedding Day

I cradle my large baby bump as I wonder how the heck I'm going to be a mom. It's the middle of summer now, and I'm due in September. I don't know which day or date. It could even be on my birthday. Vampire pregnancies are different. But I don't know how. No-one told me. And that worries me. 

I'm sitting in the front row seat next to Noah who is holding my free hand gently. He's so excited to have a kid. We don't know the sex yet. I wanted it to be a surprise. I look around at the huge ballroom-turned-wedding venue for my dearest and best friend's wedding. She and her soon to be husband Head Earl Maxon wanted to get married indoors. The hall is lined with red and green sways and there are several huge chandeliers sprouting happiness with their light.

There is a long red carpet leading towards the aisle and then roses in every colour possible set in various places, and crystals along the pathway. It is so pretty. Perfect for Saffron. I look at Noah and squeeze his hand. He turns and smiles at me very broadly. My heart swells. I love him so much. My powers still haven't come out yet, but oh well, I can't say I'm excited for them to come. We'll just have to wait and see.

Then the music starts and we all quieten. I see the bridesmaids walk in. Two of Saffron's cousins and then Lady Genevieve, my sister Sarah, and Lady Clare. They are wearing deep red dresses with lace bodices and poofed out skirts. And then green flowers in their hair. Then the maid of honour walks in. Saffron did ask me if I wanted to be her's, but a married woman can't be a maid of honour, let alone a bridesmaid. I crane my neck to see Buttercup walking down the aisle wearing a sea blue chiffon dress with an open back and diamonds and sapphires in her hair, and along the borders of the skirt and sweetheart neckline. I smile at them all. 

Then the music changes and Saffron walks in with Alex escorting her. I was quite surprised when she asked Alex. So was he. But, of course, he agreed, and didn't waste any time boasting to Noah about it. Saffron is smiling so much and her face is shining with merriment. Her black hair is up in a bun and her veil is long and made of lace. Her dress is a mermaid style with a small slit in the leg, and then diamonds all around the skirt. The bottom of the dress is ruffled, to match the top, and her shoes are crystal glass with a flower on the front. She is wearing very light makeup. But her attention is focused only on Maxon. I smile to myself, fully aware of that feeling. 

I turn 20 soon. Just a couple of months to go. As Saffron and Maxon are saying their vows, I think about this past year. It has been full of surprises and mysteries, and laughter and happiness. I never thought I would ever feel these emotions ever again. I thought there was only anger and sadness and frustration at everything, but I was wrong. 

Because it is okay to love again. And if you just let someone in, they can share in your hardships and your pleasures. They can take away your pain and suffering. And they can replace it with joy and love. And that is what life is about. It may not be perfect, but it is full of surprises. And if you just get through the difficult parts with someone there with you, then life is certainly on the way to becoming perfect.