Chapter 39

December 11th

I run my fingers through my hair one last time, trying to look straight-faced. Today my sister will be officially announced at Princess of Estonia and my sister to all of the towns and villages. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I stand in front of the full length mirror, gazing at myself while Honey is putting the finishing touches to my outfit. Today I was told that I had to wear a specific dress colour because this is very important. The colour is a violet coloured dress with white lace along the sleeves and a full skirt. The rest is plain. My hair is left down save for two twists adjoined in the centre, and a silver tiara with amethyst crystals. I am wearing no jewellery, except for my engagement ring. I never take that off. Honey decided to put me in long purple heels with a purple bow in front, and added some mascara and silver eyeglitter for my makeup.

Apparently I'll be wearing the exact same as my sister. And Noah and Alex will be wearing white. All of the other ladies will be wearing only blue attire. Only specific colours, remember?

As Honey is doing this, I think about things that have happened in the last week. Noah and I made up after our argument; I had to go to his room and apologise first. I also promised to be a better person to him in the future, and he also apologised for not understanding and supporting me. Yeah. That was only two days ago. At the end of it, we kissed, and then I knew for sure I was forgiven. Cause I was in there for longer than I expected, if you know what I mean.

And Sarah asked Saffron for forgiveness about a week ago, and miraculously Saffron forgave her. Although I think it was more to do with the goodness of her heart, but who knows? And Saffron told me she talked to Earl Maxon about her and Alex. I know she was so worried to tell him because this was the only secret she planned on keeping from him forever. But he was such a gentleman and forgave her immediately. He said that he didn't expect himself to be her first kiss and of course she would've had romance in her life before. Although she and Alex did have everyone fooled. But yeah, they're good now. 

"Alright your highness, I think you're done." I thank Honey and then Elijah escorts me to the balcony, where Noah,Alex, the king and Queen and my father are waiting. Sarah is also there talking to King Aidan about something. I see that she is wearing the exact same thing as me, and wow, do we look like sisters. I walk upto the royals and curtsy respectfully. Then Noah comes and slips his hand in mine. Just being near his coldness soothes my hot nerves instantly.

"Lilliana will be here in two minutes and she will do the broadcasting. Then my father will make a short speech about Sarah and announce her as Princess and uncle Adrien's daughter. She will have a crown placed on her head and then she will have to drink some of my father's blood. Then she will be Princess and the camera's will be cut off."

"Wait, did you just say she has to drink uncle Aidan's blood? Why?"

"To fully be accepted into the family. And so the people understand properly she is a Princess and should be treated as such."

"Then why don't-"

"Why don't you? You will. On our wedding day, after you have drunk my blood, you will drink my father's so you will be fully known as Crown Princess of Estonia."

"Oh right."

Then we are silenced and King Aidan steps forward after the camera crew has set up, and Lilliana has done an opening speech. 

He clears his throat. I take a peek at Sarah, who is standing next to Uncle Aidan and see her wringing her hands nervously. Then she takes a deep breath. And so does he.

"Citizens of Estonia. Today I am here to crown Sarah Adrien Sherry Lockheart Princess of Estonia. She is my dear brother Prince Adrien's second daughter, and you will all witness her crowning." Then he turns to Sarah, who kneels.

"Sarah Sherry Lockheart, do you promise to follow the laws of Estonia and always put your duty before yourself?" She nods. " Do you promise to always be loyal to our monarchs and never commit treason,treachery, or murder against any of the royal family?" She nods again. " And do you swear to always be faithful and never be disobedient?"

"I swear your majesty. I swear to always be faithful. I swear to always be true. I swear to always follow the laws and legislations of our kingdom.I swear your majesty. I swear and I promise." Then she is presented with a goblet containing a dark red liquid, and I feel sick instantly. I want to turn away but Noah holds me firm behind me.

No,Alice, you can't show weakness. You must show support and trust in Sarah.He says in my mind. 

Sarah then takes the cup and drinks it in three gulps. Then she gets up and King Aidan puts a silver tiara on her head, and says,

"Then with the power vested in me, I now proclaim you Princess Sarah Lockheart from now until death. "And then the camera is turned away and I go and hug Sarah after King Aidan and Queen Ama have left the room.

"Oh Sarah, you did so well! I am so proud of you."

" Oh Alice, I was so scared. That was so nerve-racking. But I'm glad it's over now." We hug for a little longer and then I pull away.

" Your highness," I tease and then curtsy. She laughs.

"Don't be silly Alice." She laughs again. Then we both turn to see Noah and Alex having a conversation, then Noah gives Alex a pat on the back and Alex comes up to Sarah and they kiss. I turn, to give them some privacy and go to Noah.

He wraps his arms around me and sighs. Then I look to Sarah and see Alex kneeling down and saying something to Sarah. I can see her crying and then Alex takes out a ring. OMG!!! Sarah nods and says something, then he places the ring on her finger and wraps her up in a hug and kisses her again. 

I run to Sarah after they've broken apart.  

" Oh Sarah! I am so happy for you!"

"Thankyou Alice. I can't believe it, and it was so romantic, his words. I'm getting married!!!" She giggles and hugs me fiercer.

"Wow. My little sister is engaged!"

" And right after I've become a princess! This day has been amazing!"

And then I hug her fiercer, tears falling down my cheeks. But I know they aren't sad tears. These tears are happy tears. Happy, overwhelmed, shocked, and most importantly, excitement for the future.