Chapter 15

I can't believe what I just heard. Did they just say that I have to have sex with Noah to see if I can get pregnant? Oh god. 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"I whisper.

"I was trying to keep it a secret until our wedding date had been confirmed. I didn't want to scare you. I'm sorry Alice." 

"Why though?" I ask.

"It's because you are only half vampire, and Noah is full. You have human dna in you, and that might affect if you can produce heirs or not." Queen Ama answers. 

" I-I can't believe this. I'm the one who is supposed to get pregnant and have babies!!! And you didn't think to tell me sooner? You are so selfish, Noah." 

"Wait just a second, Alice. You are not seriously blaming ME for trying to protect you. You are so arrogant! And you only care for yourself. You don't think about anyone else, but yourself. " I can feel the tears in my eyes, threatening to come out. So I turn and run.

"I keep running blindly until I bump into someone. I look up into the warm brown eyes of my mom. She doesn't say anything; she just wraps her arms around me and takes me to a room. She sits me down and wipes my tears away with her fingers. 

After that she just hold me while I get myself together. Then I realise that my mom is here. Forget any argument, I want to know how the hell she is here. 

"How mom? How?" I ask her. 

"Are you sure you want to hear now? We can wait-"

"No!" I shout and stand up. " My whole life has been a lie, and I want to know how you are here in Estonia as my wedding planner." I tell her.

She sighs. "Alright. After you left, I was heartbroken. You were my only child, and I have never loved anyone like I loved you. So, I went to the local pub because there is always one vampire that hangs out there. Eventually I found him and he told me that if I wanted to get to the supernatural realm, then I had to go to California and go to the ancient well there. It would be easy to find because there is only one well there. So I didn't delay. I bought a plane ticket to California the next day and searched for the well. It was literally in the middle of the country. I went up to it and that's when I realised that the vampire had not told me what to do when I got there. I peered inside and then someone pushed me inside. I fell and fell for what seemed like forever, until I landed right here, in front of the palace. I was so happy. I would get to see you again. But then I had to decide how to get into the actual palace. It wasn't easy. Until eventually I found someone called Bilkits who told me that the royal family were looking for a professional wedding planner. I couldn't believe my luck! I had done a course on wedding planning before and now it could come in handy. So I asked him how I could apply, and he told me that they were holding interviews the very next day. So, the next day, in I went, and actually, I smashed that interview because they hired me straight away. And then they told me that I would start in two days. And two days later, you came rushing into that room and my heart was so happy!! There you were, looking so confused and upset, and I was overjoyed!!! And that is how I am here. But no one knows that I am your mother, only you. "

She looks at me then. " That's...interesting," I say.

"Aren't you happy Alice? I am here now, and you are not alone anymore. Now, your wedding appointment is in 5 days,but I had business with the queen so I had to come here, but then I bumped into you and well here you are. But enough about me. Why don't you tell me why you are so upset?"

So I do. And she tells me that Noah always has my best interests at heart and he would never do anything to harm me. She also says that Noah was just angry and that I should talk to him, and we should resolve our problems together. That is how marriage works. 

"Ok,thanks mom, I'm really glad you're here." I say then hug her and walk back to my room. Where Deejah is waiting for me patiently. But so is Afrina. Who looks anxious. 

"Afrina?What's the matter?" I ask her.

"Oh your highness, I am so sorry to have to tell you because I know you were looking forward to it so much-" 

"Afrina?What is it?"

"It's your royal wedding tour. It has been postponed until after the masquerade ball because there is some unsettling in the villages, and it may be unsafe for you. " She replies. I couldn't be more relieved.

But I feign sadness. " Oh, that is sad, how unfortunate. But at least we can look forward to the masquerade ball now I suppose." I say,

"Yes, I suppose-"

"Alright then, see you tomorrow, have a good night Afrina" I say then push her out of the door. Then I turn around and Deejah is smirking at me.

"What?" I ask.

"We both know how happy you are, secretly,"She says. Then she gets me ready for bed and as she is just finishing my hair, a knock comes at the door. Deejah goes and opens it. 

"It's his highness," She whispers. 

Oh marvellous.

"May I come in?" I hear Noah ask.

"Of course, come right in, your highness. I'll leave you be. " And then she closes the door.

Noah walks over to me and kneels down in front of me. 

"Alice, I am so sorry of how I acted in there. I lost my temper and said horrible things to you. I didn't mean any of it, I swear. I was just angry and upset. Please, Alice, I know I've messed up a lot since you came here, but I promise to try better. We are going to get married. We are going to be together for a long time and if we are going to make it work, then we need to agree and not keep secrets from each other. I understand that now. Do you forgive me?"

This is why I love this guy so much. He realised his mistakes, and then amends them. " Of course. I completely agree. And Noah, my love, I forgive you. Truly. For everything. And I'm sorry too. I love you and I would go through hell for you."

"I love you too,"He says, then presses his lips against mine, lovingly. After a moment, he pulls away. "I have to go, and I'll see you in the morning, alright? Oh, and Alex is coming back tomorrow. My father had to come back earlier, but I don't know why, so he left Alex there to sort out the rest. We'll see him tomorrow though, hopefully. Goodnight my love." He kisses my forehead and leaves. 

And not five minutes later, another flippen knock comes at the door. 

"Ugh, who is it now?" I grumble then open the door.

Sarah is standing there holding a big box. " Your ballgown," She says, then comes in. 

Then I remember. The masquerade ball is in four days. Shit.