Chapter 10

I stand there staring at my mom, wondering if it's really her. She looks like my mom. She is smiling at me like my mom used to. She has a straight posture like my mom. In conclusion I decide that this is my mom, in the flesh and blood. My mind is swirling with emotion. How could she even be here? 

"Mom?" I say again.

" I'll have to explain later because right now, your fiance is about to walk through the door my darling," She answers.

And in he comes three seconds later.  He greets my mom(!) and then sits down onto the very convenient two seater sofa. Next to me.  I still don't know if I have forgiven him yet. I know deep in my heart, that I have, but I'm not ready to tell him that. Oh no. Not yet. But right now, there are more important matters to deal with. Like meeting my wedding planner who turned out to be my mom who I had thought had forgotten me.   

My mom sits opposite us in a plush white armchair. 

She smiles at me. 

" Good morning, your highnesses, my name is Mary and I will be your wedding planner. I hope that we can work together to create the best fantasy wedding ever created.  Now, first things first. I am going to give each of you a sheet. And on that sheet is a list of questions that I would like you to answer by tonight, so that when it is our next appointment, you can have them ready and we can move onto the next step." She beames at us. 

'Mary' hands us both a sheet that has about 10 questions on it. Not too bad mom. 

" I'll see you soon. However, I will be in the palace until 8:00 p.m, so if you need anything else, come find me," She says with a wink at me.  Great. 

And then she leaves with a swish. Typical. 

I turn to Noah. 

" Okay, so I will see you later then," I say as I get up from my seat. 

" Alright, but Alice? I hope that you will forgive me because we cannot keep on going on like this, and I really am sorry," He says. And then he leans down and brushes his lips against mine, a whisper of a kiss that still has my heart pounding in my chest. Ugh. Stupid hormones.

" They're not stupid," He says in my mind. Damn it. I forgot about that. 

I head back to my room after being led by my five guardsmen and lie on my bed. Then I remember that I still have the tour of the kingdom to go to. And I need to talk with my mom. Ugh. My life is hard. 

There is a knock at the door. 

" Come in," I say.  

And in walks an average height woman, with dark, straight shoulder-length hair and warm, honey coloured eyes.  She also has on a maid uniform, but hers is light green and dark blue. She does the usual curtsy. 

" Good evening your highness, I am Deejah, your evening maid. Anything you need from 6:00 p.m. to before you go to bed I am here for. " I smile at her. I also remember my evening tour. 

" Um actually, could you reschedule my tour of the kingdom for another day please? I am ever so tired. "  

" Of course, your highness, leave it with me. " And then she leaves. I love this woman already. And I think we will be great friends. 

Then I remember my mom. I check the time. It is 8:01 p.m. Oh shit!!! I had to speak with her! Ok, next time she is here, I am going to get some answers, and there will be no delays or anything. Awww.

My hand touches something and I look down and see the little questionnaire that 'Mary' gave me.  Well, since I have got some spare time...

I walk over to the desk and sit down. I find a pen in one of the drawers. Alright. Let's do this. 

1. What are your two favourite colours?   Lavender and sea blue.

2. What is your favourite food? List three.      1. pizza 2. Roast chicken. 3. Pasta. 

3. What is your favourite flavour for a cake?    Chocolate orange or mint. 

4. What colour wedding dress would you like?     White. I add (obviously) 

5. What is your favourite type of jewellery?     Rings then bracelets.

6.  Do you like heels?     No, but I might make an exception. 

7. Do you want an aisle?    Yes.

8.  Who would you like to walk you down the aisle?  Umm, Alex or dad MAYBE.

9. Do you want a traditional vampire or human wedding?  Not sure. 

10.  Do you want an inside or outside wedding?  Inside. 

This wasn't so bad. Then something strange happens. The sheet tells me ( I know right, weird!) to look at the back. So I do. And it shows me Noah's answers. Which have contrasting answers to every single question from questions 1-3. Then I realise that he got different questions to me from question 4-10. And do you know what the last one is? Let me tell you. 

10. Would you like your wedding kiss to be public or private? 

And do you know what that flippin moron wrote? He wrote  PUBLIC.  So much for forgiving him.