A New Beginning

Everything was hazy. My body felt tingly. I was awake, yet still dreaming at the same time. I've never liked that tingling feeling I get. Something must be disturbing me, for it only happens when I'm being bothered.

Opening my eyes, I glance around the room to see what's happening. Hmmm...I don't see anything. As I sat up in bed, I looked down at the floor. There, was my cat, Sky, shaking and pushing my bed. "Alright, alright, I'm up! Stop it!" I yelled in a muffled and grumbly voice. She transformed into her human form and sat on my bed.

"Come, on! You don't wanna be late to school on your first day!" she yelled right into my ear. School...School? I gasped.

"School! I'm gonna be late!" I hurriedly got out of bed and threw on my usual outfit - a fitting black t-shirt with purple and white designs on the front. Then came my black jeans, and my dark grey hoodie. While brushing my long, purple hair, I spotted my rose clip with long dark blue ribbons on my dresser.

After setting down my brush, I grabbed it and clipped it onto the right side of my hair. I looked at myself, wondering if I forgot anything. I checked off things in my mind. Makeup...clothes...clip... I pondered a little more. And then I remembered that I'd forgotten my shoes.

The black pair was sitting in a corner of my room next to my boots. As I put them on, I glanced at the silver markings on them. "That's a totally different look you've got there." I heard Sky behind me. "It's so...you!" she exclaimed. I laughed, agreeing with her. I had been through so many different schools, each one I had a completely different look and attitude in. But this time, I decided to just...be myself.

"This time, I won't act. I won't let everyone believe that I'm some person I'm not!"

"Well you're not gonna have time to be who you really are if you stay there in front of the mirror the whole time." a voice sounded behind me. Turning around, I saw my best friend standing there before me.

"Katie! My dear weapon, I am ready for my first day of being myself!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just hurry up and go miss perfectionist." she grumbled. Grabbing my arm, we went out the door.

~I hope you liked the first chapter! They will progressively get longer as I get into the groove of the story.~