The Whole Name

~ Kid's Point Of View ~

Since Kid had taken a while to answer Moon, his blushing was greatly increased from a faint pink blush, to a noticeable dark pink color. "I...um...was bothered by how you only have a clip on one side of your head. For me, everything has to be perfectly symmetrical, you see." his blush died down a bit, but there was still a bit of color on his face. He seemed relieved that the question was no more.

"Oh, um...okay, then." Moon replied, looking confused.

Such a dumb thing to say! I was looking at her because she was just so pretty! I could never say something like that to a girl! Let alone a girl I just met...

Kid changed the subject. "So, what class do you have first?"

Moon shuffled through her bag and pulled out a piece of paper. "Uhh, my schedule says that I have to go to Professor Stein's class first."

Kid was almost relieved that she had the same class as him. "Great, you have the same class as me! How about we walk to class together?" he asked.

"Sure." Moon replied back.

Kid noticed that people in the halls were staring at them. He even heard someone say that they look good as a couple. He hated how people did things like that. Now there would probably be rumors of them being boyfriend and girlfriend.

When they both arrived at Professor Stein's classroom, nobody was there yet. It was just Professor Stein standing in the middle of a room, observing a small grey and yellow bird in a cage. "Hey professor." Kid greeted him.

He turned around and replied, "Oh, hello Kid." then he paused and looked at Moon. "Is this one of the new students?" he asked.

"Yes, this is Moon." Kid answered.

"Ah, so I see that you are using a nickname. And a clever one too, giving that it's only your last name." Stein said to her. Kid was surprised. Moon is just her last name?

"Yes, well I prefer everyone call me Moon and not question why I call myself that." Moon said defensively.

Professor Stein looked at her for a moment, as if trying to understand her. "Very well. You can take the seat between Kid and Black Star."

Kid looked around. Everyone must've come in very quietly because he didn't notice them. He nudged Moon. "Come on, let's go sit down." They walked up to their seats together, and everyone stared at them. It was kinda getting annoying to Kid.

During class, they dissected the cute little bird that was in the cage. Throughout the rest of the day, Moon happened to be in all of Kid's classes. He was sort of glad that she was though. A girl as pretty as that is wonderful to be around! And I get to see her all day every day! His thoughts were interrupted by someone poking him. It was Soul. Behind him was Maka, Tsubaki, Liz, and Patty. They were all giggling. "Hey, is there something wrong with you?" asked Soul. "You've just been sitting there for almost a half an hour now."

Kid glanced around. School was over. And by the looks of it, Moon had disappeared. "Sorry. I...just got lost in my thoughts." he tried to come up with a good answer to explain his weirdness. 

Liz spoke up. "Kid, ever since Moon arrived you've been acting all weird. Plus, when you introduced yourself to her, you told her your full name. You never do that when you meet someone new. Is something up?"

Kid could feel his face starting to get red again. "Um...no." he lied.

"Yeah right, Kid. Then why are you blushing?" Liz questioned him.

Kid felt himself getting even more red. "I'm not blushing!" he denied.

Everyone was giggling at him. "Yes, you are."

"No I'm not! Stop it!" Kid was blushing so much his face was beginning to burn.

"Dude, it's okay. You have a crush on her. We get it." Soul tried to reassure him.

"I don't have a crush on her..." Kid looked away. He got up from where he was sitting and started to walk away.

He heard someone call after him, "Don't leave it be for too long, or else you won't have another chance!"

Kid ran out of the school, and flew his skateboard back home. Maybe I do have a crush on her...But how do I talk to her? I know it's too early to like her but...I think I do in fact like her. But when will be the right time to talk to her about it? What if I say it too soon? What if I wait too long? What if she doesn't like me back?

He pondered on this for a while, and when he looked at the time, it was Midnight. He decided to think about it while trying to fall asleep.