I Like You Too Much

~ Moon's Point Of View ~

Moon had just gotten out of the shower, and was looking for Katie. I want to ask her why I saw her chatting with Soul earlier. She put on her robe tightly, and searched the room. Maybe she's visiting Maka, Liz, and Patty's room...She thought. Moon walked over to the room and knocked on the door. Liz answered. "Is Katie in here?"

"No, why, is she missing?" Liz asked.

"I hope not. I'll try the guys' rooms. If she's not there, I'm sure she'll turn up by morning. She likes to take walks at night. Tonight would be no different." Moon explained.

She went over to the next room - Soul's room. She knocked on the door. Scrambling was heard inside, and it took longer for him to answer. He was in his underwear. "Oh, hey Moon. What's up?" He had took his headband out, and his hair was messed up.

"I'm looking for Katie. Is she in here?"

"Nope. Why would she be in here?" He wondered.

"You never know. I'll try Kid's room."

She started to walk toward Kid's room, when she heard Soul call, "I don't think you'll have any luck looking in there!" I hope she's not in there...

Moon stopped in front of Kid's door. She raised her hand to knock on the door. After pausing for a minute, she hit the door three times. She heard footsteps inside, and they stopped in front of the other side of the door. Suspecting he was looking through the peep hole, she stuck her eye right in front of it, and she saw him jump back. He opened the door with a smile on his face. "Don't scare me like that. I couldn't see anyone because you were too short, and then a giant eye came out of nowhere!" he explained.

Moon laughed. "Sorry." She paused and remembered what she came here for. "Have you seen Katie? She wasn't in the hotel room when I came out of the shower."

"No, I haven't seen her. Sorry..." he trailed off. Moon sighed.

"It's okay. She'll turn up by morning, then. Sorry to bother you." she apologized. As she turned to walk back to her room, hoping that Katie would be there, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Why don't you stay a while?" Kid offered in a low voice. Sky was right. His voice really is sexy. Turning around, she saw him looking down at her with pleading golden eyes. Maybe I should. It will take my mind off Katie. Plus, being with him will be fun.

Moon smiled. "Okay, then." As she walked into his room, he put his arm around her, and walked beside her so close, their sides were touching. Kid closed the door behind them, and she heard a 'click!' noise, indicating that it locked on its own. Looking around the room, she realized that his room was completely rearranged from the other rooms. It was also perfectly symmetrical. Of course. He did say everything has to be perfectly symmetrical for him the first day we met.

Then, she remembered that she was wearing her robe. She tightened it even more. "Don't worry. I won't look into your robe. I'm not that kind of guy." Kid said behind her. As he spoke, she could hear him getting closer, and he hugged her from behind. Moon took hold of his arms, and she felt him kiss her on the cheek. Her face burned, and she twisted her head to look up at him. He was blushing bright red, and he avoided eye contact. "Sorry..." He whispered. She realized that he was shaking, probably with nervousness.

She turned her body around, but Kid's hands were still on her waist. She reached her hands up to take hold of his face. "It's okay." she whispered back. Moon pushed herself up on her tiptoes, and softly touched her lips to his. After a few seconds, she pulled back. His eyes were huge, and looking down at her. Kid was blushing the reddest she's ever seen him blush. She was worried that it wasn't the right thing to do at that moment, but then he smiled. She realized that he had stopped shaking.

Moon smiled too.

"What would you say if I asked you to be my girlfriend?" Kid wondered. He still blushed.

"I would love to, Kid." She stopped smiling and looked at the ground. "But I can't." She turned away from him and took a few steps forward.

"But...Why? You dated Black Star...Why not me?"

"I never liked Black Star. I just thought it'd be fun, like a game. But...I do like you, Kid." She turned to face him. "I just don't want to hurt you, because I like you too much."

Kid looked confused. "But, you won't hurt m-"

Moon interrupted him. "If I become your girlfriend, I eventually will. There are...things in my past that can't be discovered by any students from the academy. Do you know how many schools have found me out and turned against me?" She could feel tears slowly dripping down her face.

"Just tell me. I promise I won't say anything." Kid pleaded.

"I don't know..." Moon thought for a moment. "You won't say a word?"

"Not a single word." he promised.

Moon sighed and sat down on the bed. "I hope so."

"You can trust me."

"Okay." she paused. "Back before I was born, my mother and father had met, and my mother became my father's meister. But what he didn't know was that my mother was a witch, and she wanted to turn him into a kishin. My father had gotten my mother pregnant, and she gave birth to me, and a twin brother that died before the doctors could cut the cord. Soon after, my father became a kishin, and my mother killed him so she would look like the hero. When Stein told us about the witch mission, I volunteered, because I believe that it's my mother. And I want to kill her. When I was a little girl, about five, I ran away because I saw her killing a man on the streets without touching him. She just had black arrows coming from her body, and they were piercing his." she paused and then smiled. "That's when I found Katie and Sky. Sky took me in as her own, and that's how it's been ever since." Moon looked over at Kid, who appeared to be thinking.

Tears still poured from her face. "Are you mad at me?"