A Shattered Family

~ Moon's Point Of View ~

The weak-looking pink-haired boy took a few steps forward. He examined Moon for a moment, and then looked away. "I don't have a sister...You said she died while being born...I don't know how to deal with this..." he said in a small girly voice.

"I didn't know I had a brother. I thought he died while being born as well. I guess you lied to us both." Moon paused. "What a bitch."

Medusa frowned. "You are a brave one." she paused and smiled devilishly. "Crona. Kill her." She glanced over at Crona, who was not moving.

"If she's my sister, then how can I kill her?" He looked at the ground, as if waiting for Medusa to scold him.

"Now. Don't make me force you...Again."

As soon as Medusa said this, Crona screamed and a large black mass emerged from his back. It grew muscly arms, and its face had a thick 'X' and one large, round, white eye on each side of the x. "Crona what are you doing?! Just kill this ugly cow already!" The creature started punching Crona with its large fists.

"Stop it Ragnarok! I don't want to kill her!" Crona fell onto his knees, helpless. Minutes passed with no sound from him. Then, out of nowhere, he stood up with his short pink hair casting a shadow over his eyes. A large creepy smile formed on his face, and when he looked up, his eyes were large and his pupils were tiny. "My blood is black, you know."

Moon looked over at Medusa, who was smiling. The beast who Crona called Ragnarok, changed into a large black sword, with a white stripe running down the center. It had a mouth near the hilt of the sword. The mouth screamed an awful screech, and it hurt everyone's ears except for Medusa and Crona.

Crona bent himself backwards all the way, but wasn't touching the ground. He took his large sword, and started to swing it towards Moon. Katie turned into a katana blade again, and they blocked the attack. Moon pushed Crona back, and waited to attack. She didn't want to hurt him if he really was her brother. He swung again, and Moon just barely blocked it again. This attack was stronger than the last one. "Bow, please!" Shouted Moon. Katie once again transformed to a large wooden bow.

She drew back, and an arrow appeared. After aiming, she let it fly. It struck Crona in the stomach. He fell, and appeared to be defeated. Moon still stood in a fighting stance. Surprisingly, Crona got up as if unharmed, and ripped the arrow out of himself, tearing out some skin along with it. A few drops of black liquid dripped from the wound, and then stopped. He threw it aside. "Crona, I hardened your blood to heal the wound." the sword spoke.

"Katie, are you ready?" Moon awaited her answer.

"Yeah. Let's do it!"

"Soul resonance!" They both yelled simultaneously. Moon could feel Katie's soul combining with hers, and she felt incredible power. The bow grew large, and became lighter in Moon's hands. The arrow that was at the ready grew as well, and became white and purple. They both glowed with an immense light, and as Moon fired once more, she yelled, "Artemis Arrow!"

The alleyway was silent. Everyone held their breath, and the only sound that could be heard was the whistling of the enlarged arrow cutting through the air. It seemed like hours before the arrow had reached Crona, and it struck him in the chest. It went completely through him, but Crona still stood there, motionless, with that eerie grin painted on his face.

Medusa laughed. "You think that your puny attack can hurt him? He has black blood. Nothing can harm him." She paused and smiled. "You have it in you, too. But just a small amount. You don't have enough to be as powerful as Crona. Come join us, and I'll make you as powerful as him, maybe even stronger than that."

"Power means nothing to me! I will never join you! I'll die before I do!" Moon screamed.

"Calista Rae Moon! You will listen to your mother right now!"

Moon was furious. "Don't call me that." she growled.

Medusa grinned. "Calista. Rae. Moon. That's your name, isn't it? Why run from it? Embrace the evil that lives within it."

"Never."

She frowned. "Then so be it. I'm going to have to kill you, now. Such a waste." She paused. "Vector arrow!" Many black arrows shot from her body and towards Moon. Her eyes widened, and as they struck her, she was flung back into Kid and Maka.

Maka shot forward and fought. Kid stayed back, and held her in his arms. Moon looked at Kid, his golden eyes watering. Her vision blurred, and everything slowly faded to black.

~ Do you like it all so far? It gets better, trust me. ~